Monday, May 05, 2014

fifteen day delay . . .

Wow . . . it's been a while since I went fifteen days without posting something...whoops!  And would you believe that I've not done a *single* quilty thing (with one exception) in that whole time??? I've added/used no stash, done very little hand stitching, and my "fifteen minutes" is beyond fifteen days.  Ha!

We have been *super* busy with church, which I love!  Our ladies spent a couple of days in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee for a Women of Joy conference.  It was awesome.  
I was the bus driver and I do mean bus . . .
Diesel engine, fifteen passengers, and an electric side door that I got to open and close!  Vroom, vroom!


From that, Todd and I headed to Chattanooga, Tennessee, for a bit of a break. We actually stayed in Lookout Mountain, Georgia (at the Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast) . . . I've always wanted to see Rock City, and Ruby Falls, and The Incline. So we did all those touristy things!
It was an absolute blast and we both had a marvelous time.
My favorite stop was the Rock City gardens, which were quite lovely and gave Todd and I lots of ideas for beautifying the camp!  I would definitely go back there again. In fact, I'll probably go back and do an entire post just for it, later on this week.  The views were stunning!

I mentioned I'd done a little something quilt related . . . we made a couple of stops of quilt shops.  Well, one was literally a shop that sold quilts (lovely, beautiful quilts!) and one was a quilt shop.
The latter was Spools, which I'd heard of, but never been to.  It was a fun shop with a modern lean, so lots of hip prints and solids and batiks.  And she had some beautiful stuff hanging on her walls, too! But I bought *nothing* at either shop.  Can you believe it??!

We came home just in time for our church's Spring Fling event, which is where we spent our day on Saturday.
Yesterday, we had a full day of church, including a VBS meeting.  I'll be directing our VBS this year, which will be exciting! The theme is Agency D3: Discover Decide Defend.  I'm already churning tons of ideas over in my head!

Today we spend playing with turtles and toads. We've learned that most of the turtles enjoy strawberries and corn and/or worms. One of the bigger turtles, if he sees I'm holding a worm, will head for me!  I love that!
Toads are just fun to have around, so we road the trails today searching for them.  We caught a total of sixteen! They're all so *different*, too:
I had good "toad eyes" today . . . Todd had the good toad hands.  If ya' catch my drift!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I was wondering what you were up to and it sounds like you have been doing good works,,,, especially driving the bus and spying toads!!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You sound like you have been busy, fun busy. Oh, wouldn't that water wheel look fab!

Sarah said...

We did miss you on your blog but now I see just how much fun you were having!! Can't wait to see more pictures - especially your ideas for the camp.

Does Todd have a new name? Todd the Toad Catcher??!! And I did have to laugh at the turtle heading for you - I'm sure it was a lightening speed. LOL!

Lyndsey said...

Missed your posts but lovely to see all the fun you've been having. Your photos are great and I'd love to see more. Just how steep is the worlds steepest incline?

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a wonderful vacation! And, were you sick part of the time? No purchases? :) blessings, marlene

Kate said...

Love the photos from your trip. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Melissa Bishop said...

Looks like you had a great time! Also, you are stunningly beeeauuutiful my friend!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

We took our children to ruby Falls about 15 years ago. What an adventure. Not sure I would go again ;-) AND we just bought a travel trailer. On to a NEW adventure!!

cq4fun said...

What fun. You probably drove within 3 miles of my house, if you went through Knoxville!