Thursday, August 14, 2014

tea for two . . .

I had been looking at the books that Tea Time Magazine reviews and recommends, and this little gem on their site grabbed my attention . . .
Click on the image to see the book on Tea Time.
What a joy to find it, shipping Prime (which means for *free*), on Amazon for a ridiculously low amount! When I first got it, I was a little disappointed to open it and realize it had been marked in.
Then I realized it was the signature of the author (and not personalized), and it was a happy little bonus!! Ha!

There are a number of recipes in this particular cookbook that I find appealing, but two caught my eye right off the bat . . . I knew they'd be perfect tea party fodder for Ellie and me (and since we had a 'date' coming up, it was timely)!
These pretty little Meltaway cookies were divine . . . and so easy!  And then the pound cake in baked in the tea cake molds was fun, too.  Both recipes halved nicely, which was kind of important to me.
What I realized that day was that baking was fun again -- the new RV has lots more counter space, which is so critical when it comes to baking!  LOL!
I may have gotten a little carried away that day.  But the chocolate cupcakes were for Todd.  (wink, wink) They came out of my Cupcakes for Two e-cookbook.

Needless to say, we had a marvelous tea party and Ellie was, of course, a delightful guest . . .
Happy days, indeed!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Mmmm--haven't had Meltaway cookies in ages! Love 'em! And the little cakes turned out great. I'll bet that was a sweet tea party. What a fun Neesy you are--and those shots of Ellie having tea are priceless! : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a lovely little tea party with such wonderful sweets - cookies and Ellie.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love the book. And the treats look yummy!

Teresa in Music City said...

Awwwww.... the sweetest post ever!!! I love that sweet little face enjoying her tea :*) And everyone knows that tea is good to the last drop! I love to bake too but DH and I are trying to cut down on the calories so no baking for me for a while. I'll just drool over yours!!!

Michelle F said...

Very precious!!
And the book, what a find..

StitchinByTheLake said...

Jerry and I were in England for a couple of weeks last month and I got in the habit of drinking tea a couple of times a day and now I'm hooked! Your cookies sound luscious - very tempting. blessings, marlene

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My daddy and I had tea parties when I was little. He'd make tea in the pot that was musical (always Constant Comet tea) and he always made the BEST cinnamon toast to go with the tea. Wonderful memories you are making.

Kate said...

Looks like lots of yummy fun. Does Ellie drink tea? My DT won't touch the stuff.

Sarah said...

I can't remember the last time I had meltaways! They look delish and your party looks like fun. I've got blackberry cake at home - I should have it with some tea tonight :)