Sunday, February 08, 2015

busy, busy, busy . . .

Tsk, tsk . . . the working hours have changed again.  I'm working less hours, but over more days, and it's really thrown me for a loop! I see it in my ability to get in quilting time *and* to my ability to blog and read blogs.  I need to find a routine and get settled in . . . the first week was a doozy, filled with a lot of other activities, too!

The main one was preparing for our first Global Missions Conference, hosted by a local church!
We have just started the process (aka, we just got approval from our board and are now talking to the attorney) to change the name of our ministry from Restoring the Church Ministries to Church Strengthener, so we needed to get new business cards made and highlight a new ministry website. And, since this was our first conference to be a part of as a ministry, we weren't quite sure what to expect, but our display looked pretty good:
It was a terrific learning experience and we got some good exposure. We were a little late in getting into the game (so to speak), but we'll be ready in the fall, when another of our local churches holds a similar conference. One of the highlights of my evening there was being across the way from the Missions to Haiti table. He and his wife had served in Haiti for forty years . . . that is just so incredible and wonderful! He gifted us with some Haitian coffee and some Haitian vanilla!  Sweet!

Yesterday the weather was simply gorgeous - sunny and rather mild - and the Panter crew came up to soak in some sunshine and exhaust some energy!
Pawpaw is always a fun one to follow in follow-the-leader! Unless you've got rocks in your boots.  Olivia took it all in from her carrier. Mostly she just dozed . . . the warm sunshine was good for that, too!

My stash report remains unchanged from last week . . .
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  *sigh*  I'm still plugging away on the pineapple quilt.  I got all the handwork finished up on it, at least for the time being. I hope to get out into the Nook and assemble the borders (which involves piecing and quilting them) so I can attach the corner blocks to them and then attach the borders and hand stitch those seams down. Phew. Then all that will be left will be the binding! Whoohoo! Today, though, in my slow stitching time, I'll be working on a little mini weaving . . .
Isn't that cute?? It was originally a challenge from my StitchMAP group . . . I finished that one and am making several more -- they make great fobs!
Linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts. Y'all enjoy a happy Sunday!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Needled Mom said...

I love that mini weaving project.

That looks like a fun way to get the energy out.

Kate said...

Looks like the kids all had a great time playing in the sunshine.

It is hard to find a new schedule when work hours change. One thing that works for me is to look for 15 minute windows to answer email and read blogs. It helps if you can do it on something like a Nook or a smaller Notebook device.

I love all those bright colors in your weaving project.

Ranch Wife said...

How exciting for you and Todd!! I'm over the moon about the new adventures that lie ahead for you two!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is a cute little fob. Looks like you had a wonderful Saturday in the sun...it was finally nice and warm (60) here too!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cold and snowy here today. Great stitching weather! Nice weaving project!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my... such delicate tiny weaving! Very cool to see that!

Deb A said...

What great weaving. Love the colors. Always fun to watch the little ones play.

Lisa J. said...

Very nice weaving. I don't usually see weaving on the internet. I'm jealous of the beautiful weather, although I suppose we'll get some soon enough in a month or two.

kwiltnkats said...

You have been busy. But all very joyful doings. Pretty yarns used in your weavings. I'll bet PawPaw was tired from his playing in the tires. You'll find a way to get in quilting time soon. Sandi

Beth in MN said...

You have been a busy lady. Good luck with the ministry. It is hard work but worthwhile.
Love the weaving project.
Hugs

Missy Shay said...

I have always loved missions conferences, they are so much fun!

kalicocreations said...

What a cool weaving project.

I am glad you had a good time at the conference. If you don't mind me asking,why are you changing the name of your ministry?

Jennie in GA said...

Live your sweet little weaving. You are busy folks...I admire your mission.

Janet O. said...

You are one busy lady!
A missionary for 40 years! Wow!
My sister and her hubby leave next month for a 7 week mission in Palau. Pretty exciting.
Love your tiny weaving (of course).

Jean(ie) said...

Good luck on the new direction of your missionary work. How exciting!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the successful conference and the Haitian goodies!