Sunday, February 01, 2015

good, better, best . . .

Wow, what a week it's been . . . and I have bad news and good news and better news and best news. First the bad (so I can end on a happy note) . . . not only will the pineapple quilt not be a January finish, I didn't even work on it this week. Why, you ask? Good question and that brings me to my good news.

I'd finally gotten my act together and got the backing fabric of Pixelated to the quilter (who happens to be Melissa of I Am Beautiful Bee), and she (in a much more timely manner) brought me a quilted quilt while I was at work on Monday. WOW! She did a marvelous job quilting it, don't you think?
So *I* in turn hurried it home and spent a little time in the Nook and got some binding put on that bad boy . . .
And spent my evenings stitching it down . . . a Binding Blitz, if you will:
And here it is, fresh from the dryer:
Labeled and ready to go:
Whoohoo! How's that for better news?? I had no idea that this would be my first finish of the year, but I'll take it! Consequently my stash report looks pretty darn good:
I think this is the first time *EVER* in my stash reporting that I've been in the black!  Let's see how long it lasts, right?? 

My bestest news was all the time I got to spend with this little sprite over the weekend . . . 
We had a sleepover and did marvelous things, like watching Tangled together, taking walks and finding lots of sticks, and sleeping in late and watching cartoons in bed.  

Today?  It's back to this . . .
I'll take it.  My February finish, maybe? My slow Sunday stitching, anyway! Also linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!!

Happy day!

:)

27 noted . . .:

Deb A said...

Congrats on the finish. What a pretty quilt.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a beautiful finish! I can see whey you decided to put the binding on that one! Sounds like you had lots of fun, doing things little girls like to do!

Needled Mom said...

What a great week you had! Your Quilt looks beautiful and that little face is so sweet.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That's a fabulous quilt. Lovely work as usual!

Melissa Bishop said...

Oh, it turned out SO WELL! Definitely worth the delay on your January project.

Lyndsey said...

Great finish, it looks fabulous. Your little pixie is so cute and such a great companion for the weekend.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yay on the finish! Hoping for a February finish, too!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful finish for the new year. I am sure you will have a February finish.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It is so satisfying to finish a quilt! Sounds like a fun weekend. Happy slow stitching to you!

Cathy said...

I remember that one!! I loved it so much when you were working on it that it partly inspired mine, which is still waiting to be quilted. What a beautiful little princess girl to spend time with! Sounds the the perfect week to me.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year!

CathieJ said...

Pixelated is beautiful. I love the quilting on it. What a great finish to start the year.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how fun - an unexpected finish!!!! Don't you love it when that happens :*) It turned out beautiful, and I'm sure you enjoyed having your Nook to run to for that quick binding blitz. I'll be slow stitching today too while watching the Super Bowl :)

tink's mom said...

Wow what a great looking bed !

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

You were on a roll with binding! Congrats on your gorgeous finish!

Rose said...

It's always such a nice feeling to finish a quilt, especially one as pretty as this one!

Love Bears All Things said...

It seems your year of needlework is off to a great start. I actually finished something in January also. I know you loved having the sleepover.
Mama Bear

Momof3girls said...

The quilt is beautiful. I'm sure James will love it. :)

julieQ said...

Hey, in the black! Great place to be...and I just really love your quilt!

Missy Shay said...

I love how your quilt turned out!

Janet O. said...

Beautiful finish--however unscheduled it may have been. I really like that quilt!
How fun to get a sleepover with a favorite girlfriend! I just don't seem to get invited to those anymore. : )

Jean(ie) said...

Yay! A finish! And it is gorgeous to boot! Woo hoo!

Frederique said...

Beautiful quilt, and very nice quilting!

I'm running another fabric giveaway, come and enter!

Quilter Kathy said...

A gorgeous finish... congratulations!
Sounds like heaven at your place!

Mary said...

I haven't had a FINISH or even a Flimsy finish yet this year. Good for your Pixilation quilt to get all done so you can gift it. That darn Start-i-tus has got me good! I need a grandma day again. When is Spring Break again??? Oh we need some SPRING first.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It turned out beautifully. And more congrats on being in the black on the stash reduction.

Lara B. said...

That is a dream weekend for sure - what a little sweetie pie Denise!
Melissa did great job quilting pixelated - it looks wonderful!