Tuesday, February 03, 2015

that tuesday . . .

I can hardly believe it's February already . . . and the first *Tuesday* in February to boot, which means it's Bibliophile Files day!! That means it's the day that I share with you what I've got on my bookshelf for the coming month, yay!

Along with the devotional reading I talked about last month, which I'll be reading through all year long, I've got a good mix of fiction and non-fiction that I'm going to enjoy this month, three of which I'll also be reading to review.  The first up is The Friendships of Women by Dee Brestin.  I snapped this up from Amazon yesterday as a kindle freebie!  It's still showing as a freebie for now, so if it sounds interesting, you might want to scoot on over there by clicking HERE! As a woman who not only enjoys her friendships with other women, but is also called to women's ministry, I thought this was a no-brainer for me!



Next up is Patsy Clairmont's You Are More Than You Know.  I first learned of Patsy Clairmont at a Women of Faith conference in 1998.  She was funny and witty and spot-on in her observations, and I'm not only looking forward to reading You Are More Than You Know, but reviewing it and participating in the book's blog tour in March! (And ... hint, hint ... a giveaway!)



And now on to the fiction.  You may or may not have picked up on the fact that I adore, in particular, Amish fiction. Well, if you hadn't picked up on it, this month it's rather 'plain' (pun intended)!  These three selections are all reviewable (so look for more on each title later this month):

An Amish Cradle, a collection of four stories by Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, and Vannetta Chapman, respectively.  

Then on to The Amish Clockmaker, by Mindy Starns Clark and Susan Meissner.

And finally, The Beekeeper's Son, by Kelly Irvin, which I'm purposefully saving until last because it sounds *so* interesting!

So, my proverbial shelf is full . . . looking forward to reading (and sharing reviews, too) through February! Hop on over to sarah did it! to see what she's reading and to check out the Bibliophile Files linky party!

Happy reading and remember . . . “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” ― Charles William Eliot

:)

9 noted . . .:

Sarah said...

Oh I wish you were closer - I would drag you with me to the Beverly Lewis reading at a local library!!! Can't wait to hear more about your books - they all sound interesting!!! Atho I have to say, the cover to The Amish Clockmaker is just a little creepy looking.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I like Amish fiction also. Is it because we get a peek into a way of life different than ours??

Janet O. said...

I've enjoyed a few authors of Amish fiction, but haven't read either of these. I'll be curious to know what you think.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So many of the bloggers I follow enjoy Amish fiction and I've enjoyed the couple that I got free for my Kindle app ... not sure why I don't read more of that genre. I think I'm going to add a few to my "want-to-read" list ... and your 3 will be the first I add.

Momof3girls said...

The book isn't free anymore. :(
I love Amish fiction, I just don't have time to read anymore. :(
Enjoy your books!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such fun reads on your horizon!!! I'm a big fan of Patsy's too, so I'll look forward to the book hop!!!

Kris said...

Wow, looks like some great reads!!

Beedeebabee said...

Your book picks all look like really good ones...and I love that Eliot quote. It's perfect! Enjoy your reads! xo :)

Kate said...

Enjoy your reading this month. I'll look forward to your reviews.