Sunday, November 13, 2016

insert clever title here . . .

It was another busy week, but different in several ways. Todd and I started Weight Watchers on Monday, and of course I had lunches scheduled for each of the working days and dinners for two of the nights! Yikes, right off the bat I was facing hurdles, but I handled it like a pro (and no cheating), though tomorrow morning's weigh in will determine just how well I handled it! At Judy's recommendation, I looked up Dr. Michael Vanderschleden's The Scientific Approach to Intermittent Fasting. The book is available for free on kindleunlimited, so I went ahead and borrowed it.  It's a fascinating read and debunks most of the food myths I've embraced for years. This week I've played around with fasting times and I think I've found a system that works.  Again, tomorrow's weigh in will tell!

We had Thursday off because we are closed on Friday, but we still get the Veteran's Day holiday.  I'll take it! Anyway, Miss Ellie came home with me Wednesday night for a sleepover. She loved her scarf of sparkly red, but informed me that it should have tassels . . .
Good enough!  Sawyer's did not have tassels, but since "he's a boy, he shouldn't have tassels." Ha! Thanks for that word of scarf fashion wisdom, Elle. She also had fun creating her breakfast masterpiece:
Though she was a little disappointed that I didn't have any blueberries (like I did last time). Note taken.

Friday was too windy to take the pontoon out, so Todd and I bummed around and ran errands. We went to PF Changs for lunch (where I'd looked up the entrees and knew we would be okay with points). Plus, veterans got a free entree when an additional entree was purchased, so I ate free! 

I got some fun squishies in the mail this week, too.  The first was from a "mug rug" swap I participated in. Dana doesn't blog, but we have enjoyed getting to know each other through emails. She sent me this pretty little mug rug:
Along with a parcel of fun goodies . . .
What a sweetheart Dana is!  Her package has been received, too, so I can show you the 'out-of-the-box' mug rug I sent her:
Very seasonal, I know, but I like changing out my mug rugs as much as I like changing out my hanging quilts for the seasons!

My second squishy came from Sarah and contained my 'houses' from the Hexie Birthday Swap!
Plus a couple of 'kites' from last year's swap -- and some happies from Sarah (who knows me so well)!! I will have fun playing with these! :)

My stash is silent . . . nothing in and nothing out.
Ugh. I know it's a matter of making time . . . perhaps as the days grow colder (if they do) and darker (which they are), I'll be able to sneak away more quilting time!

I did a quick inventory of my ornaments . . .
So far I've got sixteen, which is a little off course (I should have twenty-two), but it's a sight better than what I had last year at this time, which was ZERO! Today I'll do up a couple more poinsettias, both in the tiny size and the brooch size.
These are my go-to stitch-ups because they're so easy and I can make them so diverse with a change of color or button or size. Variety is the spice of life, right? These will be my sloooooow stitching this afternoon!

Aaaaah . . . and before I forget, last week I issued a challenge!  My favorite quote for this picture:
was Janet's, "Hands back in your pockets, guys!"  It made me LOL! Especially since Marilyn and I both look like we've been goosed!

And only a handful of folks got it right.  Jocelyn got us all together for a group picture on Evey's second birthday.  She then said, "Everybody say, "Evey's going to be a big sister!'" It took a couple of seconds for it to register, but Marilyn and I must have worked it out before the men, judging by the picture! I let the random number picker do the work and Mary's "You're pregnant?????" won the prize!  I'll send a happy little something to both Mary and Janet!

Linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!  Enjoy a beautiful day -- regardless of the weather!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What great news! Your ornaments look great...will they be given away or will you be hanging them on your tree? Nice mug rugs too!

CathieJ said...

Wonderful news! I love both of those mug mats. Your ornaments are so pretty. Only six more in five weeks. That may be doable.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your pumpkin hexie mug rug! It's so adorable!
And your ornament collection really is beautiful!
Congrats on a new baby on the way!

Needled Mom said...

That is great news and I LOVE the expression on your faces.

Isn't it nice to have such a style maven in the house? Who knew fringe would be so important for girls????

Love the mug rugs. I really like the hexie pumpkins.

I have heard of the fast times. You'll have to let us know how it works.

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations girlfriend!!! Such sweet news :*). Ellie sure did enjoy her visit - I remember when my granny made things for me and how special I felt ❤️. Totally in love with your "seasonal" mugrug! How cute and perfect - I may have to make one too :*)

Barbara said...

Sweet. Love the story and te picture. The expression on Ellie's face as she looks at you is priceless. Someone needs to caption it.

Sarah said...

Congrats on another Grand!!!!!! Due date?
Love the mug rugs. Both are sew appropriate. I was talking with a fellow quilter yesterday and she puts balsam in her mug rugs. What a wonderful idea as it reminds me of the mountains.

Erin said...

Those mug rugs are so cute!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

wonderful news / you always have so much going on to enjoy when I visit :)

Creations By Cindy said...

Wonderful news. Nothing like a new sweet baby being on the way. Girl, you are on it with getting so many sweet treasures. Love it all. Good luck with the weight watchers. I must say that hands down it seems to me that weight watchers is the best all around healthy way to eat. It's all about lifestyle change and I must admit....I don't like change sometimes...especially when it comes to food. LOL! Love the red scarf by the way! Happy Monday. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Janet O. said...

Who needs clever titles?
That is so cute about the scarf and the tassels. And you will now have blueberries on hand for sleepovers, I'm guessing. You have been schooled!
Such a cute mug rug--and a fun package!
Oh, your pumpkin mug rug makes me grin. : ) Curious about how you backed it?
Oh, that Sarah--she does know you well. I love the card she sent (I'm guessing that is a card).
A very fun assortment of ornaments. I always tell myself I will do as you have tried to do. I make almost none and what I do make seems to disappear long before Christmas, missing the point entirely.
I won something? WooHoo! I was a bit ashamed of my comment when I saw what everyone else wrote--nice things about new grandbabies, and such. Congrats, BTW, that is SO exciting! You are such a good grandma!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Such a fun way to share an exciting announcement, and capture it on film too, lol! Love it! And the sweet Elle and her banana toast is so precious! You got and gave some gorgeous mug rugs! Love the tea cup one, so pretty, and lots of special goodies too, how fun!

Happy to visit with you today :)

Kate said...

Lots of fun stuff at your house. Love your squishes. Both mug rugs are really cute. Hope you can find some stitching time soon.

Ranch Wife said...

What fun news! Congratulations on the impending arrival of another precious grand baby! That picture is priceless - what a fun way to capture that special moment! Goodness, you are a whirlwind of creativity. So many pretty things being made. I think I need to hire your little fashionista. She seems to be well versed in the latest trends and I could certainly use the help. I have blueberries! :)