Wednesday, November 02, 2016

it's tea time . . .

Guess what today is?  It's the day of the big reveal from the ninth annual tea cup and mug exchange!! Which, incidentally, I participated in for the first time this year. What a huge and fun blessing this exchange was! It's organized and sponsored by Stephanie, who blogs over at The Enchanting Rose (where a link up of all the participants can be found today!).
Being a lover of all things tea, I couldn't resist signing up and joining in on the fun! (And a huge thanks to Sarah for sharing it with me!)

The name I "drew" was Marilyn, from Mountain Top Spice, and it was *such* a pleasure to explore her blog and get to know her a little, so I could find the perfect tea cup to send to her! I forgot to take a single picture of what I sent her ... but she's done a nice job of it here (if you want to check out the pretty little Royal Albert Christmas cup I sent)!

As much fun as it was to shop for Marilyn, I have to say, it put quite a smile on my face to find this huge parcel in waiting for me at the post office! Cindy, who blogs over at Creations by Cindy, was my gifter, and she REALLY outdid herself and spoiled me ROTTEN!
Opening it up, my first thought was "Christmas"!  
Yep, I felt like a child on Christmas morning, coming out and seeing all the packages under the tree. Brown paper packages tied up in string?! Yipppeeee!! I spent the next thirty minutes or so unwrapping each little gift and oooohing and aaaaahing the entire time. By the time I'd finished, there was quite a large little spread of goodies . . .
OH MY GOODNESS! Do you see all this?!  Everything from teas, to cookbooks, journals, devotionals, fat quarters, socks and sweet little treats were in this box. I mean everything! But the focus was this beautiful, beautiful tea cup and saucer:
Wait. Take a closer look . . .
Isn't it beautiful?!  And it's a pedestal cup!  I just adore that! In all my favorite colors and trimmed out in gold leaf -- so, so very pretty.
What a treasure . . . Royal Crown 1969.  Wow! I was really tickled by this darling teapot frame, too:
I am trying to decide what picture I'll put in it. In the meantime, I'll put these two fat quarters to good use -- and in my favorite colors, blues and purple!  Just like the cute little socks!  
Gosh, Cindy really did a great job of filling my box with special treats that were meaningful to me. I think besides the precious tea cup and saucer, my favorite thing was this precious little box:
It's filled with encouraging verses from God's Word!  I just love this and have enjoyed pulling one out each day to meditate on and think about through the day -- Cindy was so creative putting this together, and I really just can't thank her enough for her generosity and thoughtfulness!

I so enjoyed this experience . . . and it will definitely be something I look forward to next year (especially since it all happens right around my birthday-haha-and y'all know how I feel about that!). A huge thank you to darling Stephanie for arranging this so faithfully, for nine years now!

Have a great day; tea is served!
:)

24 left a comment . . .:

Creations By Cindy said...

Oh Dearest Denise, I am so thrilled that you loved your treasures. It was truly a sweet time for me to gather up items for your package. As soon as I got your name and began to visit your blog I prayed for the Lord to show me exactly what would make you feel extra special and I am so glad that He answered my prayer. Glad you got pictures because I forgot too. But I too loved the date on the teacup! Girl....you have no clue how close I was to keeping that cup! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Kris said...

Wowsie - wow!! You really did have fun opening all those goodies!! And that tea cup is just exquisite!! I think getting something fun in the mail is just about one of my most favorite things!! I wonder if that is why swaps of all kinds are so popular!! Have fun with all your goodies!! I'm going over to check out what you sent Marilyn!! :-))

allthingzsewn said...

Oh, what a beautiful cup and package you received. How much fun you must have had in opening that package..

Janet O. said...

First I checked out what you sent--a very lovingly put together package. Then I came back to see what you received, and it was another lovingly assembled package. Looks like you have found just the right exchange for you! Oh, that teacup is gorgeous!!

Jeanna said...

I love Stephanie's blog. She is such a sweet person. I've never participated in the tea cup swap but it is fun to see what everyone gets.

You received a box full of amazing gifts. Your tea cup is beautiful. Got to love all of the inspiration found in the Bible verses.

Skyeler said...

What a gorgeous teacup! So pretty! And I know how you feel; my package, too, came with individually wrapped presents and it was ever so fun opening!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

Oh Denise, I have counted all the joy as I've traveled this morning visiting tea cup exchange blogs, and I have to tell you, I was blessed abundantly and beyond measure with the "Christmas" box that arrived from you to me! You spoiled me to no end, and I am still enjoying the last of the tea you sent me, it is disappearing fast! And that vanilla sugar, oh my goodness, it is soooo good! And you really were blessed in return by the generosity of Cindy... all the gorgeous delights you received - that pedestal tea cup is GORGEOUS! SO happy for you dear friend, and thankful that our paths have crossed! Hugs to you today :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've never heard of this exchange before. Lovely teacup and saucer, and fun gifts, too.

Ang Smith said...

Wow, you certainly were "spoiled", and that is awesome! I'm so happy for you! What a great package this is, and that cup is really quite pretty. :)

Sarah said...

I'm pretty sure the first word out of my mouth as I began reading your blog was "dang" - Cindy certainly has spoiled you! Feels good, no??!! I don't think I've ever seen such a high pedestal on a tea cup - I find it quite fancy. Enjoy all your little treasures - you deserve them all.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Oh the exchange is like Christmas, isn't it! Many lovely items in your parcel of love and the teacup is amazing.
Nice to visit you through the exchange.

Cheryl said...

Oh, my goodness! What a huge spread of fun and goodies you received! Cindy really did a lovely job, and dear Stephanie! She is such a dear blessing to us all! May the dear Lord bless you and Stephanie and all of the lovely ladies who participated. :) P. S. I finally got your questions emailed to you the other day...I trust you received them okay.

Deborah Will said...

So, so many beautiful treasures. Never seen a cup with a pedestal like that. Precious.

Snap said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! The pedestal cup is gorgeous. Wasn't it fun to open the box?! I was like you -- Christmas! Ha! Have a fun, tea filled week!

Debbie Harris said...

What a lovely package over flowing with such love. My that is one gorgeous tea cup!
It's so nice to meet you through Stephanie's amazing exchange.

Blessings~~

Doniene said...

Fun, fun, fun! What treasures!! This was my first time too!! I loved it!

Blessings!

Trisha said...

I always love seeing what everyone gets and gives... So much fun!!

~Trisha

Consider It All Joy said...

Oh my, what a Wonderful package of goodness! That pedestal tea cup is just too beautiful, love it! Enjoy all of your treasures. Blessings, Cindy xo

Missy Shay said...

How fun, I've never seen a pedestal cup before!

Needled Mom said...

Wow....how fun! That cup is really gorgeous.

September Violets said...

Boy that's a treasure trove of gifts you received! Love the pretty floral pedestal teacup :) All such lovely gifts. Enjoy your day!
Wendy

Stephanie said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I am in awe of your tea cup package. Cindy has a heart of gold and it shows with the love she poured into your sweet package.

The tea cup is absolutely stunning and that tea pot frame - adorable! Everything, and I mean everything, is simply lovely. Enjoy, dear Denise.

And speaking of lovely, I just came from Marilyn's blog and oh my, what a stunning package you sent. You certainly blessed her with gorgeous tea delights.

Thank you for joining the exchange. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself :) Hugs to you!

Margie said...

What an amazing package! I especially like the opalescent teacup and cute teapot frame.

Kate said...

What a fun exchange! I've never seen a pedestal tea cup, very pretty. Hope you've been able to enjoy your fun presents.