Monday, March 27, 2017

working weekend . . .

I *did* get in some good stitching time over the weekend . . . yay!!  And I managed to play in a wide variety of mediums/techniques, too, so double points for me!

I started off the weekend by tackling the sixth block for my fairy frosted orphan project . . .
I think this block fits right in with the other five, don't you think?
Oh yeah -- can't even tell it's not an original!  LOL!  I didn't get the short block fixed.  Fiddle-dee-dee.  There's always next weekend, right? ;)

I also set my hand up for this little wool trick . . .
Hahaha!  Get it? Card Tricks in Wool! I'll be slow stitching on this for the next week.  I like having projects like this on hand for evening slow stitching. I can't wait to share a finished photo of it!

Sarah, who's one of my favorite enablers, caught my interest in her 'thirds' hexie project, so I decided to order some templates for myself. I had lots of Civil War fabric left from an earlier project and decided it need to be put to use . . .
Have no idea where I'm going with this.
Only that I need to do a LOT more, Hahaha! That's okay -- more evening stitching, right?

I also added to my fabric "Fabergé" eggs collection. Another great use for frosted fairy scraps.
My bunnies are so happy! So am I. I'm really digging these fabric eggs!

And look who we found out and about this weekend in the sanctuary . . .
He's so happy to be above ground! In honor of his 'coming out' for spring, let me share a link to this darling, darling, EPP stuffed turtle ~ Tilly the Turtle ~ to be precise. Another dear "Sarah" friend (who's local and also a pretty good enabler) sent me the link.  The tutorial and pattern are free on Abby Glassenberg's blog, While She Naps.  TOO CUTE!  Hmmmm.  That block that needs repair may have to wait yet another weekend...I think this weekend might see some turtle stitching!

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Teri said...

Dear Denise ... such lovely projects you are working on. I am new to your blog, so I look forward to browsing through your past postings. I am so interested in learning more about your RV living. Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

Needled Mom said...

Love it when the hibernation ends! Spring hope!

The blocks are so nice. I like the EPP blocks.

Sarah said...

That's me - the neighborhood enabler!! Sew glad to have you joining in. Lets see who else we can suck - er - entice in to joining us!

Love the wool card tricks - what will it be when it grows up? For one of your display stands? It's one of my fav blocks.

Missy Shay said...

LOL, I just saw Sarah's hexie quilt and then came over and saw yours! They are looking great!

Janet O. said...

I think your new block blends in admirably with the old ones.
Do those wool blocks actually overlap each other, or did you have to cut them extremely carefully to make them fit together like a puzzle?
You and Sarah will NOT suck me into your crazy hexie schemes. My two hexie projects will last me a lifetime!
The fabric eggs are very cute--but I am STILL NOT clicking the link! So there! : )
Love the little Tilly Turtle. Very clever design.

Maker Joy said...

Those eggs are adorable.

I love how those hexies are all the fault of your enabler. I may have to borrow (shamelessly steal!) that one from you.

Quilter Kathy said...

That's such good camouflage, I'm surprised you spotted that little turtle!
Love all your projects, but am intrigued about how you will stitch the wool card tricks!

SpicingUpIdaho said...

You are amazing! Love the new block you created, I would never be able to tell the difference! And that wool card trick - wow. Now how will you stitch that? And did you hand cut each piece like that? Your skills are far and above and beyond what I would attempt, lol! Hugs to you today :)

Creations By Cindy said...

You are one talented gal . Hugs and blessings , Cindy

Kate said...

Lots of fun stitching at your place this weekend. Love those wool card trick pieces. That's going to be so bright and fun.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I've never seen hexies like this....wow.

Jocelyn Thurston said...

Lovely stitching and projects. Your enthusiasm is infectious!