Tuesday, May 28, 2013

coming home . . .

You've heard the old adage, as good as it is to get away, it's nice to get home again, haven't you?  That's exactly where I am!  Todd and I had a lovely ten days away, visiting with family and taking our MSC funding class (which was incredibly informative and helpful).  But it was ever-so-lovely to arrive home late yesterday afternoon.  Especially when the cheery daisy faces greeted me every which way I turned!
Aren't they sweet?  Since yesterday was a holiday, we couldn't pick up our mail until today.  And when we did?  BINGO!  I hit the jackpot!  First was a prize I'd won through StitchMAP . . .
Lots of stuff, huh?
She'd put together a crazy quilt kit for me -- with four pre-stitched blocks and *tons* of lovely embellishments! Isn't that awesome?!?!?!?!?


Next came a package all the way from Australia!!!  Yay!!  
I'd entered the Red Brolly Girl's Own Stitching Club Competition way earlier in the month.  Guess what I won . . .
A present!  Wrapped in red and white polka dots!
The perfect book for me!  It's a beautiful book, too -- full of beautiful stitch illustrations!

And next (I know, right?!) was this fun package from Stacey, at Stacey's Place.
Yes!  A copy of 100 Blocks!  I was so excited!  Stacey's block was on page 35 . . . the Bedtime Story block.  It was so cute and resonated with me, since I've got some grands who adore being read to!
Stacey also included these two mini charm packs . . . 
That was so nice!  Especially since I just finished whipping together my apple core piece!  
I can't decide if I want to place with mini hexies or tumblers, next!

I worked on a couple of other things during our trip -- especially during our 13 hours of driving!  I finished up some flowers for a corsage . . .
Worked on my sunburst block (which I decided to EPP) . . . 

And (drumroll, please) finished quilting . . . 

Wait for it . . . 

The Wedding Quilt!!!  Big YAY!!!  I have the fabric ready to make binding.  I'm down to the home stretch!

So it *is* good to get away--especially when I have the time to finish as much as I did . . . but coming home is a happy, too!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good to have you home - love all the goodies and congratulations.

Paula said...

Welcome Home!
Oh such nice gifts to come home to.
Congrats on all those wins.
Hugs

Jean(ie) said...

Welcome home!

Needled Mom said...

You had lots of goodies to come home to!! It is nice to get so much done while you were away.

Barbara Stanbro said...

Lucky you! Glad you enjoyed your time away, and your return home.

Kaisievic said...

Welcome home - what lovely packages to come home to. Love all your progress and "finishes" too.

Janet O. said...

Glad you got home safely, Denise.
What's that you say-you won something? No, not you--really? Ha Ha Ha!!!

cyndiofthevortex said...

Welcome home and congrats on all the new presents! You're like a pirate surrounded by loot. Enjoy!

Sarah said...

Once again you hit the jackpot(s!) on give-aways. Glad you enjoyed the trip and had time to accomplish lots of work. Eagerly awaiting your next hexie project :)

Teresa in Music City said...

Well my goodness! Girl, you really did get the most of out of that trip, didn't you?!? Even down to having such wonderful goodies when you got home, you lucky girl. Bravo for getting so much done during your travels. I know getting that Wedding Quilt finished was huge for you - and what a lasting treasure it will be!!! Welcome home girlfriend!!!

Mary said...

Congrats on the squishies. So much fun to come home to. YEA for the finished wedding quilt! Glad you are back.

Doniene said...

Wow Denise!! What a haul - how very fun!!! Congrats on "almost" finishing the wedding quilt - reminds me - I need to get back to mine - been side tracked lately! Glad your trip went well!! Those daisies are lovely - my favorite flower!!

Blessings

Missy Shay said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Kate said...

Beautiful daisy's and lots of fun stuff waiting for you when you got home. The Wedding quilt is looks great. Good luck on getting it finished up!

beaquilter said...

fun projects, you reminded me I have the apple core Go! die I never used, I do WANT to use it..... wonder if I should chop off the sides to make them straight maybe... well I'll decide when I get that far!!