Friday, June 07, 2013

quilting in greece . . .

Yup ... I can now say I've quilted amongst the architecture of Athens, Greece.
Or at least I can say I've quilted amongst the VBS setup of Athens, Greece! Semantics, right? Our Stitchers group got together at our usual meeting place (Epworth UMC) and found ourselves immediately transported to another time, another place!  It was kind of fun to be stitching (or snipping, as the case may have been) around the columns and tents and drapes!

I had a *finish* to show off, too . . . 
YAY!  And before the 4th anniversary deadline, too!  Hahaha!
Front.
Back.  I'm debating on whether or not to stick it in the washer before I present it. I'm a little afraid.  All that hand quilting.  LOL!  I guess I should just put it in on delicate and go with it!

Last night I finished removing all the paper templates from my little apple core piece . . .
Seriously, I think that's the most difficult (or perhaps tedious is a better word?) part!  It's even kinda fun to look at from the back . . .
Now that it's pieced, I'm not sure what to do with it next.  Hmmmm.  Need to get on that.

I also worked on my Starburst block . . . 
Got the reds all finished, so now all I've got is the oranges and yellows.  
The oranges will take the longest, because there are eight of them (they go in the empty spaces).  Still, I'm loving the way this original-to-me block is shaping up!!

My darling friend Ronda, from church (and Ronda Quilts), was manning a fund-raising yard sale last weekend and found these goodies and thought of me:
Wasn't that sweet?  More hexie templates!  Yay!!

My sister and her crew left on Wednesday -- we had a marvelous, marvelous time and I've got lots of pics to share, once I sort through them all.  For now, I'm off to bake some bread (thank you Kim and Pinterest)! And since it is Feline Friday, I'll leave you with this little tidbit:  Jocelyn is moving this weekend.  Ellie's doing her part and making sure her most important treasures make it to the new house.  
Leia, stuffed owl, and apple tv remote.  Way to pitch in and help, Ellie!  Leia's relieved she makes the moving cut.  Whew!  (Linking up to Feline Friday at Sarah Did It!)

:)

8 noted . . .:

Sarah said...

Sew glad to hear that Leia made the cut with Ellie!!! At least we know she has her priorities straight :) Happy Weekend!

Janet O. said...

I am relieved to know there is a 40th anniversary deadline on wedding quilts. IF my sons ever find the right girl, I have plenty of time! : )
Your paper pieced block is very pretty!

Kate said...

Congrats on finishing up the wedding quilt! Looks like you had a great time with all the stitching!

Teresa in Music City said...

No way Leia could be left behind - and that stuffed owl looks kinda special :*) Looking forward to seeing what you do with those apple cores. And of course, you KNOW I'm loving your Starburst block - such colors - yum!!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your wedding quilt is just beautiful! and what fun stitching in Greece. :) blessings, marlene

Barbara Stanbro said...

The wedding quilt is lovely. So speedy too! The starburst block looks complicated.

Gmama Jane said...

Proud to say, I saw the wedding quilt "in progress". Was that muslin you used in the quilt? The apple cores are so cute and they need a special project to shine along with such as a cute bag, appliance cover, table topper, large placemat for a special grandpeep? Just some suggestions.
Blessings
Gmama Jane
Glad you got to spend time with your sister.

Kris said...

Hey, Denise - The wedding quilt is gorgeous!! And hand-quilted!! Wow!! Your quilting party in Greece sounds like it was so much fun!! Send those paper removing projects to me and I will take the papers off for you - I love de-papering fabric!! Just ask Janet O!! Your Starburst block is my fav - so bright and cheery!! Love ya!!