Saturday, July 27, 2013

creativity vs. chaos . . .

And this is just my work space . . . 
You don't even want to know about the rest of the room!  I think it may be time for an intervention.

On the other hand, it's an incredibly good shot for a happy game of "Find the Hidden Objects" or "Eye Spy" or maybe even a little "Where's Wilma?"!

On an unrelated side note, does anyone know how to template a spirograph-like star for quilting -- the kind of repetitive triangle that leaves you with a circle in its center?

:)

ps -- she really is in there!

11 noted . . .:

Cathy said...

My cutting table looks very much like that. I'm constantly pushing stuff out of the way so I can cut stuff. I don't want to take away from the fun stuff of cutting and sewing to do the non-fun stuff of cleaning and tidying.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I create better in a bit of a mess - when I get too tidy I feel nothing is getting done.

Teresa in Music City said...

My space is really, really a mess right now too! I've got to clean it up at least on the surface before I can even think about sewing. I'm not a neat freak, but I really don't get in a creative mood when all I can see around me is stuff I need to be straightening up or cleaning out!

Ps - I think i found Wilma!

Doniene said...

Catching up on posts (again...sigh) Loved all the goodies you shared in your last post!!! How fun!!

I LOVE you sewing space!!! LOL really it would drive me nuts!! But you make lovely things...so who am I to say anything!

Blessigns

P.S. I couldn't find Wilma!

Kris said...

My whole studio looks like this, so Doniene, don't look!! Ok, Leia is your cat, so who is Wilma?? I'll bet Janet O. might have an answer for you!! By the way, thanks, for sending some rain - we got a bit a little while ago!! :-))

Janet O. said...

No Kris--I have no answer. My response would be, "Stay as far away from that design as possible!!" : )
My sewing space starts clean and gradually declines until I can't stand it and have to stop and clean everything up. You do know about clutter and genius and all that, don't you?

Kate said...

Creative is good, and it certainly looks like you've been really creative!

Sorry no help to offer on the pattern.

Love Bears All Things said...

Looks interesting....mine can look so cluttered sometimes...but how can you create and not clutter?
Mama Bear

Lyndsey said...

Ha ha my sewing area was pristine until I finished work for the summer last week now its full of creative fun like yours.

Mary said...

My Secret Pal gave me a sewing angel that says, "Creative minds are rarely tidy."

Jean(ie) said...

This means it's genius at work! And yes, I found Wilma!