Sunday, September 21, 2014

slashing stash . . .

Well now . . . I'm rather pleased to have the past week behind me and the present week ahead of me! I guess that's how it's meant to be, eh?  I had some movement in my stash this week, so I wanted to make sure I reported it:
Five yards out!  I donated it to the guild.  They are starting up a Traveling Stash Box for the guild year and I, having experienced the joy of traveling stash on several occasions, wanted to help them to be able to start it off right!  Linking up to the stash report at Patchwork Times.

Speaking of guild, I gave up the newsletter for this year.  Yay!!  Three years may have been one year too long.  LOL!  But I really enjoyed being on the board and so I partnered with another lady and am co-chairing the Library position. That means I'll be in the library books.  A lot.
I've already checked out these two for the next month.  The Halloween one has some *darling* projects in it!  

So . . . design wall . . . I'm working on a little project for Everley. Joc wanted a bigger stuffed animal for Evie's monthly photos.  We found a cute little elephant that she liked, and I drew out a pattern for it:
I had fun sketching him out and getting him (or her??!) just so.  I've also picked out and ordered the fabric for it . . .
Oh yummy, fun, minky, purple fabrics! The print will be the front and the minky will be the back and the ear. Five yards out this week, two yards in next. Hopefully it will go together fast and I'll have it out again! Well, it has to be finished by October 10 -- her one month old birthday! Que sera.

(Editing to add:  Linking up to the design wall post at Patchwork Times!)

Got into the fall baking spirit again little today . . .
Yup, another apple pie!  Makes the whole house smell so good.  
Fall is in the air!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Jennifer said...

I have that Halloween book too and I really like it - haven't made anything from it yet, but all in good time! The elephant looks really cute - good luck with the minkee!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I think that elephant will be so cute. And the apple pie looks delicious! I grew up in Southern California where there is pretty much one season, so I LOVE living in east TN with the changing of the seasons, and especially the fall. Enjoy your week!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The elephant will be so cute in those fabrics. And look - pumpkins!

Needled Mom said...

What a cute elephant that will be! The apple pie looks delicious and I can almost smell it from here.

Janet O. said...

Those two books look perfect for you!
Can't wait to see that elephant "materialize"! *LOL*
I wish I could trade a slice of that apple pie for a slice of the pear pie I just made. : )

Paula said...

The Halloween book looks quite interesting. Can't wait to see what you make from it.
The elephant looks fun!
Have a great day.
Hugs

Cathy said...

The elephant will be adorable! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Scooquilt said...

Feels nice to be baking for fall doesn't it? Congratulations on moving some stash out. Have a great week.

Jean(ie) said...

I thought of you this morning. Not sure where i saw it, but it was a cute embroidery piece with white embroidered pumpkins and cute button embellishments on black fabric. A fun, more modern take on redwork. It was really cool.

Hmmmm. I need to make up a traveling stash box for the guild and do that. We can draw each month from the members who are present. Great activity idea! Thanks!!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Can't wait to see that cute elephant! And I'll bet you are going to share some great book resources with us this year :) That pie looks yummy - apple is my favorite (especially with whipped cream on top)!!!