Sunday, September 28, 2014

orange, purple, blue and plaid . . .

One of my sweet sisters spent the past week with me . . . it was the first time she'd been down without husband or kids, so it was a true sisters week (except for the fact that we spent a lot of it with my husband and kids and grandkids)! Actually, since I knew she was happy to get her hands on some babies, the grandkids were part of the charm of the visit!

We had a lovely visit, though not near as long as I'd have liked for it to have been! One day we got our craft on and played around a little with painting drop cloth door hangers:
I wanted a candy corn and my sister wanted the pumpkin.  They were such fun to make!  I still need to finish mine up (it won't take much), but we wanted to make sure she could take a finished happy home! (And I'll probably go back and make another one -- a pumpkin -- just in case you were wondering.  Haha!)

Oh, the elephant fabric came in . . . and even though I had company, I couldn't resist playing with it just a bit!
So "Dot" is cut out!  I've got to stitch down the ear, stitch and fill the tail and place it, and then I can stitch up Dot's sides.  Whoohoo!  The fabric is even prettier in person . . . and what you're seeing is the 'wrong' side!

So . . . like I said, the fabric came in.  Which means I have stash to report again this week!
And I could only buy those two prints in one yard increments, even though I only needed a quarter yard of each print. Which means I only used a half a yard. Que sera, right??!  Linking this up to the stash report at Patchwork Times!

Spent yesterday making a cheese ball (a manly-man cheese ball, with pimento, bacon, and onion) and cream cheese mints for a couples baby shower we're having a church today:
Blue is for a boy!  I tried the baby buggy mold for the first time.  It's a little tough to manipulate. I did four and then reverted to my old (and easy) standby; roses!  

And this week, I'll probably find some time to play with a little wool project I'm currently in love with:
Isn't it fun? Hmmmm . . . this may actually constitute my Slow Sunday StitchingFall is here!!!

(Edited to add:  Linking up to the Design Wall Monday post at Patchwork Times!)
:)

13 noted . . .:

Lisa J. said...

My you have been busy! I love your little wool project. You also have an interesting stash report system. I'm trying to use up more of the stuff in my stash and I'm donating some of it as well.

Dee Dee said...

You are right, there isn't anything better than spending time with your sister. I am in awe of your wool project, something I have yet to try.

Mary said...

Sister Time! That is precious. It's been way too long since me and my Sis got our "craft on". I have that roses mold too. There's a good reason why I'm not doing the Stash Report. DH reads my Blog...

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

how CUTE is that elephant!! :)

Kate said...

Very fun door hangers and the elephant is darling.

Glad you got some time with your sister.

Karen said...

Your wool project interests me. I like the white pumpkin.....the "in" thing right now.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Great projects...I especially love that pumpkin. :) blessings, marlene

Janet O. said...

I can't believe you made a candy corn before a pumpkin! Does candy corn rate higher on your "Fall Love" scale?
Very cute little wool project! I have grown white pumpkins in past years--there is even one kind that is white with the indentations staying orange. Have you seen those?

CathieJ said...

You have a lot of diverse projects in the works. I like what you made with your sister, but I really love your wool project. Beautiful!

Deb A said...

So much happening at your house! Sounds like a fun time with your sis and what great projects. That wool is wonderful.

Jill said...

When one has a good time with family, thentime flies by and there seems to be never enough time. I also am loving the wool placemats for fall. Enjoy stitching it.

Quilter Kathy said...

So much creativity going on! How fun to have a sister visit and play together!

Sarah said...

Can't remember the last time we had a cheese ball (manly or not) for a family function. I might need to slip one in at some point...