Sunday, October 18, 2015

little pumpkins everywhere . . .

So . . . even though this is only the third weekend in October, I believe this is actually Week 4 of the pumpkin fall festivities, seeing as how I shared the free pumpkin coloring page on the last weekend in September.  
Which, after spending several hours with assorted grandchildren, coloring, looks like this now:
I do love coloring . . . there's something intrinsically soothing and calming about it.  It makes my mind work better.  No, seriously!  ;)

Last week I gave a tiny little sneak peek of this week's craft . . .
So now it's time to give you full view:
Pumpkin Pins!  So darling!  Another very easy, super-fast little project to help get you in the pumpkin swing of things . . . found over at Wild Olive (another project found *for* me by my good friend (and Queen of Hexiecology) Sarah, over at sarah did it!).

You may notice that my little fellow is *slightly* different from the one at Wild Olive . . . I definitely desired a face on mine . . . but the back side, for post-Halloween wearing, is still quite festive (which means I didn't stitch a pin on the back)! 
Especially since I used fabric that *sparkles*!!  (Of course I did!)  And since I was already filling it with a little hexie-shaped batting, I did just the tiniest bit of quilting on it.  Because I can't leave well enough alone!! For the faces, instead of embroidery or teeny-tiny applique, I used my splendiferous gel pens. I free-handed the outlines and colored them in with black, then outlined them in orange (or yellow) to give them a little dimension.  
Overall, I'm very pleased with this little project . . . and they were so easy, we (my mom and I) were able to whip up enough for all the ladies to wear one this weekend!
Five little pumpkins sitting on a dash . . .
Today's slow-stitching involves non-pumpkin work . . . in fact, this Lucy POTC block is looking decidedly patriotic, instead!
I haven't quite decided the direction for next week's pumpkin focus, hence no sneaky peeky! 

And my stash report changed just enough to reflect all my hexie pumpkins (7, in all) and my stuffed pumpkin last week . . . 
For total usage of a fat quarter, which I'll take!

So I'll be linking up to Patchwork Times for the stash report (maybe), Kathy's Quilts for the Slow Sunday Stitching, *and* since both my pumpkin project *and* my hand-work for today involve English Paper Piecing, I'll be linking up with Sarah's HeLP for Hexie-aholics, too!!

Enjoy a peaceful, lovely Sunday!

:)

15 noted . . .:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute little pumpkins!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Visiting from Slow Stitching, cute pumpkins!!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Cute, cute pumpkins! And your POTC! I LOVE it! I've got the papers for one ... just too busy with other projects right now. Soon I hope.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Very cute pumpkin pins. I think the use of the gel pens would be more to my liking too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable little pumpkins!
Enjoy your non-pumpkin stitching today :)

Deb A said...

What cute little pumpkins! Hmmmm. I might need to make some for my Daisy girl scouts.

CathieJ said...

Adorable pumpkins and beautiful block. I really have to get in on the coloring book craze. I love to color.

Doniene said...

Cute, cute cute!! Especially the grand!!

Blessings and hugs!

Kate said...

Very cute little pumpkins. We bought the coloring books last month, but haven't really had time to play with them.

Pamela said...

Cute pumpkin pins!

Needled Mom said...

That little one looks so intense with her coloring!! ;-) Love the pumpkin pins. Those are so clever.

Janet O. said...

First photo wins the cuteness prize!
But those hexie pumpkins come in a close second. That is the perfect craft for you! : )

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your Lucy hexie is beautiful

Sarah said...

Love those little pumpkins!! Guess I better make some soon cuz time is running out! Did you put a magnet in them? I've seen where the magnet is inside a project and then one inside your clothes instead of pins. That would work great with your reversible pumpkins.

Love the center of your next POTC block!

Paula said...

Those pumpkins are so cute. Happy Orange month to you! LOL!