Sunday, October 11, 2015

and this week . . .

It's the birthday pumpkin edition!  Yay!!  I've had a marvelous birthday weekend, so far, involving grandbabies, sleepovers, family, eating out, crafting, friends, touring Amish country, and Tate Farms, my favorite *pumpkin* place!!  
How can you worry about being a year older when all of these fun things are taking place?! It's been a totally 10/10 time! At Tate Farms, the favorite 'station' for all the grands was the corn crib. Oh. My. Goodness.  Even the littlest of the littles didn't want to get out! The big kids all wanted to be buried in it, though . . .
Sawyer wanted to try it first.
Ellie wanted to give it a go!
June's up for the challenge!
Olivia decided she'd lay on top of the corn!
Everley wanted to be on top too . . . on top of Ellie!!
It was such a fun afternoon -- I really do look forward to the Tate Farm visit most of all in the month of October -- each year the group enjoys it more and more!

Last week I gave a little pumpkin teaser about this week's pumpkin craft . . .
Are you ready for full disclosure?  Haha! 
It's a stuffed pumpkin, which is not really a 'new' idea -- not even to me (see this post) -- but I loved the look of these sweet little pumpkins crafted up by Martha Pullen Company, and went for a little re-creation!  I thought for sure I had a small spool of thread to top it off with (you know, from one of those little travel kits or something), but I didn't, so I settled for a cinnamon stick and the floral wire for twine.  I used a slip of wool with some embellishment for the little stem cap.  And of course the hand work I was doing in my sneak peek was the vine stitching on the pumpkin itself, which is a little hard to see!

For next week I'm already working on a cute and super fast and easy project . . .
Which is once again doubling up as my slow Sunday stitching!

My stash remains unchanged.  I used a little for the pumpkin, but not enough to justify a change! Maybe by next week?
I did get some darling *birthday chrysanthemums* in the mail from the gals in the Birthday Hexie Club!!  Just look at all this purple/teal gorgeousness -- there are 19 ladies in the club, so there are about 18 packets of chrysanthemums just waiting to be stitched!  
Well, 19, actually, because the darling blogger (Sarah, the Hexie Queen of sarah did it!) who so graciously allowed me to be a part of their local club, stitched up an extra set for me, *and* mailed them all, *and* sent along the darling green hexie napkins!!  I suppose I'll be doing some hand-stitching coming up soon with these (the chrysanthemums, not the hexie napkins)!  Ps...I didn't count the chrysanthemums in as stash because they came to me as "finished pieces".  

All righty then . . . I'm linking up today with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts. And I'm off to enjoy a post-birthday breakfast (which is pretty similar to my birthday breakfast, truth be told):

Happy Sunday!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Dee Dee said...

Oh Denise, I am so glad you had such a wonderful celebration! Nothing better than time spent with family. Happy birthday

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Ah, pumpkin time and Denise go hand and hand. Happy Birthday dear girl!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great celebration !

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! That petit four looks delightful! Did it come from Huntsville? Miss seeing you at the quilt show.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Happy, happy birthday! What a wonderful celebration!

Janet O. said...

What a fun-filled post! Had a giggle from the photos of the grands in the corn crib. My grandfather used to run a large chicken farm and wallowing in the corn crib was a favorite thing. : )
Sarah and her gang treated you very well. Can't wait to see how you work up those luscious little bags of purple and teal. And trust Sarah to have her finger on all things "hexie", including napkins. : )
Looks like the birthday was a winner!

Quilter Kathy said...

Pumpkin moonshine?!?! Sounds like something I would like!
Happy Birthday.... so fun that it is also Thanksgiving weekend in Canada!
Thanks for linking up and contributing to a wonderful Slow Sunday Stitching!

Lyndsey said...

Happy birthday Denise. That sounds like a fabulous birthday weekend.

Doniene said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! What a GRAND time with lots of extra goodies to boot!!

Blessings and hugs!

Mary said...

You really know how to celebrate getting older. Happy Birthday week-end! The Grands are cute as ever! Cute Pumpkin you made to decorate. Nice to get pre stitched Mum Hexies, too!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like the kiddos had way too much fun. Love your little pumpkin, it's very cute. Have fun stitching your Mum Hexies.

Marsha Hodgkins said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, God bless you, happy birthday to you!
Nice to hear you had such a special day.

Needled Mom said...

It sounds like a great celebration. I love the pics of the wee ones in the corn!

Jean(ie) said...

Pumpkins are orange, round, and happy. What's not to love! Your weekend sounds like fun! I'd like to take a dip in that corn crib. But then I don't think I'd be able to drag myself out of it. Lol! I posted a prayer journal project on my creates blog. Perhaps a project for your ladies group? I included the original inspiration link on my blog. Happy belated! Enjoy beautiful autumn at Macoba. Wish I were there.

Jean(ie) said...

Pumpkins are orange, round, and happy. What's not to love! Your weekend sounds like fun! I'd like to take a dip in that corn crib. But then I don't think I'd be able to drag myself out of it. Lol! I posted a prayer journal project on my creates blog. Perhaps a project for your ladies group? I included the original inspiration link on my blog. Happy belated! Enjoy beautiful autumn at Macoba. Wish I were there.

Teresa in Music City said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday, filled with all you love most!!! That looks like too much fun to be legal LOL!!! And your pumpkin is adorable -almost as adorable as those grandbabies :*)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a fun day!