Saturday, October 31, 2015

day is done . . .

Can you believe it?  The last day of October, already!!  October 31 marks the end of pumpkin month, but more importantly, it's All Hallow's Eve . . . and even MORE importantly, it's the birthday of one June Madelyn!!
Today she celebrated the big THREE!!  Sweet baby girl.  We had a fun time celebrating her birthday this morning!
I love those last two with the girls and their babies in the strollers.  Aren't they precious?!?

My stash report again remains unchanged . . .
Zippo in and zappo out! Week 44 . . . that means there are only EIGHT weeks to 2016.  What in the world?!?  

But that doesn't mean I haven't been busy!  I have one more pumpkin project up my sleeve.  A sweet little embroidery project I found on Martha Pullen's website.  She shares full blown instructions for creating a darling, lace-trimmed hand towel with a pumpkin stitchery . . .
Photo Credits:  Martha Pullen Company
Darling, non?  Of course, I wanted to use materials I had on hand, and that included neither the appropriate towel or lace.  So I settled for a pretty, autumn colored striped towel.  First thing I did was get the pumpkin template transfered to my towel:
For this project, I used my Aunt Martha's red transfer pencil and traced the template. A quick press with a hot iron and my design is boo-yoootiful!
I haven't finished this one, but I'm thinking this will make a nice little hostess gift for Thanksgiving dinner (which is being hosted by Jocelyn).  
After all, pumpkins work nicely through the end of November, right?!?  Plus, this will make for a fun day's slow stitching!

Okay, so that's it for me.  If  you're still up, don't forget you've got an extra hour to stitch tomorrow . . .  
Daylight savings time ends at 2:oo a.m.!!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Adios October!  Greetings, November!! Happy Sunday!!!

:)

17 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Oh, what a day for a birthday celebration!
Sweet shots of the girls and their babies. : )
Nice "make do" solution for your pumpkin towel.
I like the Fall Bucket list.

Missy Shay said...

What a sweet birthday party!

Lyndsey said...

That cake looks fabulous, perfect for a very special 3 year old. The girls look so cute. I like the pumpkin stitchery and it will make a great gift.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I love seeing all the fall stitching projects this time of year! Nice pumpkin! Cute little girls!

Dee Dee said...

Sweet, beautiful granddaughters. You are so blessed.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That's a very pretty towel project and those little girls are just adorable! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Pumpkins are very Thanksgiving-ish, in my opinion. That little towel is going to be gorgeous! And I love that picture of those two little girls ... precious!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like that pumpkin embroidery. I keep my pumpkins out from September all the way through November. I put the Jack-O-Lanterns away and add turkeys in November. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

Needled Mom said...

I love the picture of the girls with their strollers!

Happy 3rd birthday to the darling birthday girl.

I think the pumpkin will work well on the stripes....a great fall project.

VivJM said...

Aw, what a cutie birthday girl!
The pumpkin stitchery is very sweet - I like it with the stripes too.

Kate said...

Happy birthday to June! She's a little cutie. Three is such a fun age.

Love the pumpkin stitchery, very pretty. It makes me think of Cinderalla's pumpkin before it became a coach. (Oh yeah, we pretty much OD'ed on fairy princesses last night).

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love seeing littel girls playing with their dolls! They are so much fun at that age. Love the tea towel and I have never heard of that pencil. Very interesting!

CathieJ said...

I think that pumpkin towel is a perfect hostess gift for Thanksgiving. What a great birthday celebration. It all looks yummy and those little girls are adorable.

1000needles.com said...

Love the girls' pictures! So So cute! The transfer pencil is very interesting. I do not do much hand embroidery so I do not know all the tools that is used for it. But that transfer pencil looks like a great tool to have in my arsenal even if I do not do much hand embroidery now. ... Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

That pumpkin embroidery is really cute, as is the three year old!

Jennie in GA said...

Such a cutie!!! Love your towels and that you were able to use what you had!

Sarah said...

I'm sure Joc will adore the hand towel!
I still love the photo of the twin baby dolls :)