Saturday, November 14, 2015

stitch, stitching, stitchery . . .

I've been enjoying a lot of evening stitching this past week.  Since we changed our work hours to 7:00 to 5:00, I've had a little extra time after dinner to hangout and work on a project.  I'm loving it! This week, after making some good progress on the tree, I decided to take a bit of a break and work in wool . . .
I finished up this darling little "Snowbuddies" pillow.  It was a pretty easy, two-night project.

Then I pulled the NOEL stitchery back out and finished it up . . . 
I love the yellow stars and the metallic red french knots! And I'm very pleased with the clarity of the "NOEL".  It did pretty much finish out like I visualized it, which is always a good thing! I still haven't quite figured out how to frame it/finish it out. I've got time. I do know where I want to hang it though, when the time comes!!

Now I'm working on another "Snowbuddies" project . . .
I adore this one!  I finished up one snow guy . . . I've got two more to go.  Guess this is where I'll be spending my slow Sunday stitching!

My stash report hasn't changed.  Rather, my stash has changed, but I have no idea by how much and I'm not really ready to chat about it.  LOL!  Sounds enigmatic, right?  Maybe I'll 'splain next week. Until then, here's another 'nothing in, nothing out' report:
Five more stash reports until Christmas!  Six more until the end of the year! Whoa!!  I'm pleased with my stash intake, even though I wish I'd had a LOT more usage.  What about you?  Pleased with your 'near-the-end-of-the-year' totals?!

I'll be linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

:)

17 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

A couple of really cute snow guys, and I love the way your Noel Tree turned out. Beautiful!
I can't even imagine keeping track of my stash purchases and usage, and I am pleased about that. Sounds like you have some explaining to do! : )

Kate said...

The Noel stitchery is beautiful! Hope you find the perfect way to frame it. I'm in the black for a change, so I'm happy with the stash report. I didn't use as much as I would have liked, but it's good that I reigned in the buy bug this year.

Quilter Kathy said...

You Noel stitchery is so beautiful and elegant!
And finished in lots of time for Christmas!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your Noel tree looks great! Both Snowbuddies look cute too.

Kathy H said...

Such cute snowmen, and the Noel turned out great. I get stuck sometimes trying to think about how it should be finished.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little snowmen, but I love the NOEL tree.

The Crafty Creek said...

I love your Noel embroidery, looks great! I don't think I could face calculating my stash by the metre, too scary! It was bad enough counting lengths in January!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

HO HO HO you've got the holiday spirit going on here! :) Lovely projects; they put a smile on my face :)

Teresa in Music City said...

I agree with Janet - sounds like you have some 'splainin to do :-) Love all your little snowman projects - snowpeople are always a favorite of mine. And that tree - its sparkles! Really, really nice!!!

Barbara said...

Love your Noel stitchery. Nice job.

Jennifer said...

Love your snow people and the beautiful noel tree.

Donna said...

Love the Noel project!

CathieJ said...

I love those snowmen projects. So adorable. Your "Noel" Christmas tree is beautiful. Great floss choices.

Needled Mom said...

I love the Noel tree. Nice stitching!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

So fun to work with wool as the weather gets colder! Cute snowmen!

VivJM said...

Aw, very cute stitching!
I'm glad your tree turned out how you envisaged it :-)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Isn't it wonderful when a project turns out just the way we envisioned? Not that I would know as I'm just not creative enough to design/envision something new. ;-) I do love your little snow guys projects. Cute!