Saturday, November 07, 2015

things november . . .

It's been a dreary, damp, chilly day . . . the kind of day that makes for the perfect backdrop for inside chores and projects!  I finally got around to pulling the few jack-o-lantern and candy corn pieces I had out and replaced them with more seasonally appropriate pieces . . .
Oh, and I baked my first apple pie of the season, too.  It was *quite* yummy -- and hopefully will continue to be for the next several days.  I love apple pie for breakfast -- especially with a slice of melted cheddar cheese on it!  It's my Yankee roots.  :)

Earlier in the week I finished my little pumpkin stitchery.
It's very sweet -- I really enjoyed stitching that particular pumpkin pattern and may stitch it again. But I'm tired of stitching, crafting, and baking pumpkins (I can't believe I just typed that!!!!) for the time being, so my goal was to find something more Christmassy to work on.  I rooted around in the RV's basement space (after going through every storage tub and drawer in the Nook) and finally found the jackpot of wool projects in various stages of completion . . .
Mostly wool, anyway - the project on the far left is a reindeer dish towel.  The rest are wool snowmen!  Yessssss.  I'll be working on several of these over the next few weeks.  I've had 'em for ages (seriously -- since 2007) and it's time to get 'em finished!

But that's not what I'll be working on for my slow Sunday stitching . . . instead, I'll be working on a little stitchery of a doodled Christmas tree I saw on pinterest . . .
But instead of the solid, bold lines making up the right side of the tree, I wanted to put the word, "NOEL".  Not in your face, but a subtle gliding word down the side.
I think I've got it!  I'm stitching the 'doodles' in silver and will stitch "NOEL" in a bright metallic green.  I'm not sure about the stars, but I'm thinking gold.  Or a satin stitched yellow.  And the dots will be in red.  
I'm not sure how I'm going to use it, in fact, I'm not sure that it will finish out on fabric like I saw it in my head. But I wanted to stitch a little Christmas whimsy, and this seemed to fit the bill! Plus something about working with things that sparkle just makes my heart happy. 

My stash report remains unchanged.  Again.  For real.
What can I say?  I'm evening actually thinking of clearing out some of my stash.  I need to do SOMETHING with what I've got sitting there.  Seriously.  It's not stitching itself together.  Where are the cobbler's elves when you need them??!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!  Enjoy the remainder of the weekend -- you know what I'll be doing!

:)

22 noted . . .:

Kris said...

Oh, yum!! Can I jump over for a piece of pie before it's all gone?? Your Sunday Stitchin' looks like fun!! Wonder what I'll be working on tomorrow!! "-)

Janet O. said...

I can't believe the pumpkin queen just said she was tired of pumpkins! My world is reeling out of control!! *LOL* Dare I say your pumpkin stitchery looks great?
The pie looks yummy! I SO want to bake a pear pie, but I have not become adept at gluten free crust.
Looks like you have a very cute collection of woolly snowmen.
Beautiful tree design. Can't wait to see that all finished.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

LOL - Janet expressed my same feelings. Lovely pie and all the cute wool projects should keep you busy. The fabric - pull 2 pieces and play, no plan, just play.

Lyndsey said...

Mmmmm tasty looking pie. Apple pie is my favourite and having read your post I really want one but I don't have any apples and I try not to shop on a Sunday so it will have to wait until tomorrow.
You christmas tree stitchery looks fun. I have one piece of christmas stitchery I worked on last year that still has to be finished that I ought to hunt down and do some work on.

Libby in TN said...

Son-2's name is Noel (emphasis on the first syllable) so naturally I like your revised stitchery plan!

Quilter Kathy said...

That's what it's all about... making your heart sing! i hope the end product does the same :)
Love your creative idea!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching.

CathieJ said...

Oh man, now I want to bake an apple pie. Maybe I will wait until Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holiday stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love your pumpkin! Stitching with wool sounds like a great idea!

Deb said...

The pumpkin stitchery is so cute and lovely stitching, the apple pie looks so good I'm inspired to bake on now. I just love how you added the Noel to the tree, I look forward to seeing it when the stitching is done.

Kalicocreations said...

That pie looks delicious! Your stitchery's are looking good, I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas goodies finished.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Oh that pie looks fabulous ... absolutely fabulous! Sure beats the bagel I had for breakfast this morning. ha! And I love your tweaks on that doodled Christmas tree ... it's going to be absolutely gorgeous when it's done.

Valerie Reynolds said...

Looks like you are having a perfect Fall day of cooking and stitching. (Nothing like homemade apple pie!)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love that tree with Noel. Now is the time to stitch those Christmassy things - I am trying hard to finish up my ornaments this month so I can use them next month.

1000needles.com said...

OOhh... now I want to take out all my holiday projects! :)

Sarah said...

That apple pie looks so good! Nice little hand stitching going on there as well!

The Crafty Creek said...

Love your Christmas tree doodle :-)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love what you added to the tree! That apple pie looks so so good!!!

Kate said...

Love that pumpkin, it turned out beautifully. I love your tree stitchery! That's going to be beautifully.

Deb A said...

Now I want apple pie! I have yet to have one this season....I have all the things but must wait for the cake to be gone first. Love your little pumpkin and the Noel looks great.

Sandi Colwell said...

Love your stitching projects. The tree is really cute.

VivJM said...

Your pumpkin is super cute.
I think your little tree is going to be wonderful, whether it turns out like it looks in your head or not! Embrace it all :-) The metallic green thread is gorgeous.

Sinta Renee said...

Your apple pie looks wonderful! Hmmm. I remember when apple pie would automatically be served with cheddar cheese! Love your stitching project!!!