Monday, November 09, 2015

a stitch in time . . .

I haven't done a design wall Monday post in FORever, but I made such great progress on my Noel doodle tree yesterday, I didn't want to not post a pic!
I back stitched all the silver and then whipped stitched those stitches to (1) make it stand out nicely and (2) to help hide my pattern lines.  I love the look!
With the green, I'm either stem stitching or outline stitching, depending on which side of the letter/curves of the letters I'm working on.  Yes.  I use the two stitches interchangeably, depending on my need.  Don't tell the embroidery police on me. Ha!  Now that I'm seeing the word stitched in part, I think the NOEL will stand out quite nicely.  

My big problem (and where the design wall comes in) is what to do with this little stitchery once I've finished it.  I worked a red and green patchwork frame for a stitchery design I sketched out last week (based on the same design I used for my November cornucopia piece, last year) . . .
Here's the stitchery colored . . .
I'll probably raw edge applique the words and stitch the heart, manger scene, star and holly.  And gosh, the patchwork frame works rather perfectly for that, so I hate to use it for the doodle tree.  Plus I don't think it's the right shape.

Which brings me back to, "What do I do with it?!"  Hmmmmm....I may have an idea.  Just maybe. Just. Maybe.  Linking up to Patchwork Times.

Have a GREAT week!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

That tree is looking VERY festive and pretty. You have me curious as to what you "Just Maybe" will do with it.
The "Faith/Hope/Love" design is so clever. Will look great with that patchwork frame, too.
But the tree does seem to need a different style--something a little more glitzy or elegant, maybe?

Needled Mom said...

The stitching looks so pretty and festive. I love the Nativity in the heart.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the tree....how fun!

Jean(ie) said...

Looking good!

Kate said...

Both projects are beautiful. I'd use a very simple frame on your very elegant tree. It really doesn't need much to shine.

Ramona said...

Your designs are beautiful! I especially like your Noel tree.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love how your Noel tree is coming along ... it's going to be gorgeous. And I just LOVE the little Faith Hope Love project, too. The little patchwork frame for it is perfect, but if it were up to me, I think I'd chose something simpler (and a little more elegant) to let the beauty of the Noel tree shine.

Sarah said...

Such beautiful stitcheries!!! Could you make a 3D project with the NOEL tree? Maybe you don't want to stitch more but I am thinking of 3 or 5 panels that are shaped like a tree that is somehow stitched and stuffed so it stands up like a tree. I can picture it in my mind much better than I can describe it...

Kris said...

Your little tree is looking sooooo great!! Can't wait to see how you do finish it off!! Are you doing all this work out in your cute little She Shed?? :-))