Sunday, November 29, 2015

it's a wonderful weekend . . .

What a wonderful, fabulous long weekend this has been!!  Wednesday kicked it off (really Tuesday kicked it off . . . my co-worker and I were the only ones there and it was soooo slow--we wrapped presents!) with a leisurely start to the day, a late breakfast/brunch for Todd and I, and then I got to the baking that was my part for Thanksgiving (an apple pie, a pecan pie, and cranberry quick bread). Todd and I had dinner together then he carried me to Joc's house, so Ellie and I could have a 'sleepover'.  Aaaaand, so I could get up early and help Jocelyn orchestrate the stuffing and turkey preparations.  :)

Thanksgiving dinner went off without a hitch!  Jocelyn set a gorgeous table . . . 
Ellie and Everley were just darling in their beautiful dresses . . .
The only thing missing was the Panter crew . . .
But they celebrated their first Thanksgiving in California making fun memories like eating Thanksgiving dinner on the floor of their new apartment, because their new chairs had arrived, but their new table hadn't! With littles, those kinds of mishaps are adventures and I know they'll look back on that meal with smiles!  We got to FaceTime with them that afternoon, and that was sweet!

Friday was a very quiet down day . . . some stitching in the nook . . . some Christmas movies . . . leftovers for lunch and dinner . . . my perfect way to spend the day after!  No shopping for this gal, unless it's online!

Saturday was busy and productive!  I baked a pumpkin pie for Todd's dad, gingersnap cookies for a church fellowship this afternoon, and chicken pot pie for dinner!  Plus I pulled out the Christmas tree, decorations and quilts and turned the RV into Santa's workshop!  
And while the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs. Auburn) game was on, [Roll TIDE!!!] I wrapped the rest of my presents.  So now I'm ready for Christmas!  LOL!  With a few exceptions . . . I'll still have a couple of things to finish and wrap!

My stash report remains unchanged from last week . . .
But my snowman doesn't!
I've still got to stitch his collar and scarf and the holly leaves in his hat, but he's made tremendous progress. I'll continue to 'slow stitch' on him today!


:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very cute snowman, visiting from Slow Stitching Sunday.

Dee Dee said...

What a jammed pack, fun holiday weekend you had! Your decorations in your home are amazing!

1000needles.com said...

What a great way to spend the long time off! Love the pictures! ~Melanie

Teresa in Music City said...

You did indeed have a wonderful weekend!!! Such fun decorations, and I'd love to be around for all the lovely smells of holiday cooking - YUM!!! I know you miss your babies, but isn't Facetime wonderful? We had a lovely time with ours this past week - missing them so much already. But we pulled out all the Christmas stuff this morning and that will help lift our spirits. Eating mom's homemade sugar cookies while we're doing it will help a lot too :-)

kwiltnkats said...

What a busy and very productive week you had. Wish I was where you are with my holiday shopping. Happy Holidays! Sandi

Lyndsey said...

It sounds like the perfect way to spend the holiday. I love your Christmas decorating and the snowman.

Jean(ie) said...

You were busy! Love the decorations! Very festive!

Momof3girls said...

I love the pics! Okay, I'm confused...did your son and his family move to California?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh my those little ones are growing so fast! Things look so devine and sure it was just lovely. I cannot believe you are all decorated!! I did get my box out.

Deb A said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. The snowman is very cute.

Mary said...

Your Decorations are so festive! Glad you be carried over for Thanksgiving Dinner & a sleepover. Did the parents go out Black Friday shopping? The snowmen are adorable. Much better than real ones...

Janet O. said...

Wow, what a wonderful holiday! Family time is the best, and when you throw in all of that good food, how can you not enjoy?
Cannot believe that you are so ready for Christmas. Can I be jealous? Look at all of the fun decorating! And you have your gifts wrapped, too!
I think maybe I'll start shopping tomorrow. : )

The Cozy Quilter said...

I would love a four day long weekend right about now to get some decorating and Christmas prep done! You made good use of your time. Love the snowman's face!

Sarah said...

Dang girlfriend!! When you said the RV was Santa's Workshop, you weren't kidding!!! Did you deck out the Nook too??!! I hope so! I'm making new lights for my quilt lab. Purple of course! Looks like you had a good day with the family. I didn't realize the Panter's trip to CA was long term - glad you got some facetime with the kiddos.

Love Bears All Things said...

Saw your decorations on FB and they look great....you had a busy weekend...no work for me during the game except what I did in the chair trying to help them get the job done. It was a good game and I'm feeling alright about it....even if we didn't win.....at least one of us is going to National playoffs.
Mama Bear

Kate said...

Looks both busy and relaxing for the holiday weekend. You did set up Santa's Workshop in the RV, it looks very festive.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a lovely time.