Tuesday, December 22, 2015

hollydaze . . .

Saturday/Sunday came and went and I just didn't get to blogger.  I really, seriously thought -- for some strange, unfathomable reason -- that this past week and weekend was going to be slow.  I thought wrong!

I don't have the pretty image, but based on my last paragraph, it should come as no surprise that my stash is unchanged.  Nothing in, nothing out, and a total balance of 22.5 yards used for the year!  It'll probably stay that way . . . though since I'm off next week, I plan on spending some time in the Nook and maybe I'll use a little more!

I got the sweetest, heart-warming/melting letter in last week's mail . . .
I'd sent cards to Sawyer and June with pages to color.  I'd asked if maybe they'd color one and send it back to me!  Can you tell which is Sawyer's and which is Junes??  LOL!  In addition, Sawyer wrote the most precious letter to me!!  
Since he asked about Sebastian, I was only to happy to visit him at our neighbor's house (which is where Sebastian moved when the Panter crew moved to Irvine) and grab some video and pictures to share with the kids!

I finished up my Noel tree. I hate it. I'm thoroughly not pleased with it; after Christmas, I will cut it out and do something different with it. But I knew I wanted to hang it in that space, so I just went ahead and put it up.
Part of the problem is that I stitched it on muslin -- I should have used a quality thread count white cotton.  *sigh*  I didn't know I was going to fall in love with the final stitching so much.  And I couldn't find what I was wanting in the red trim, so I made my own out of satin ribbon.  Mistake. Aaaah well, I'll frame it or something.  Lesson learned. The ray of sunshine is that I'm pleased to see that the "NOEL" does stand out enough to make sense.  LOL!

Sunday was a busy day -- we had our Christmas party in Sunday school.  David is our pastor's son, and I love that little fellow!  Here he is showing off his "King of kings" crown we made!
After Sunday school we had worship -- and our choir performed our Christmas cantata.  It was good music and I love singing, so that made it a good morning! Then Sunday evening, Todd and I went to see the Living Christmas Tree at Huntsville First. I'd never been before (and I'm not sure why), but it was fabulous!!

My sister sent me a pattern for another cute wool ornament . . . and really, it was so cute, I got right to it:
Isn't that one precious?  I saw it done in navy and red, too -- I think I may give that combo a try as well!  The pattern can be found by clicking HERE.  :)

We've had rain, rain, rain.  Since overnight on Saturday, we've had rain.  You know what happens when you have that much rain?
The creek rises!

In the likely event that I don't make it back here before Friday . . . a very warm and Merry Christmas to you!  May your celebrations be filled with laughter, love, family, and friends. Mmmmwah!

:)


7 noted . . .:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Merry Christmas to you!

tink's mom said...

A blessed Christmas to you and your family.

Missy Shay said...

Have a merry Christmas!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a sweet letter and special coloring pages from wee ones. Enjoy your Holiday Season.

Mary said...

Precious mail you received! Wishing you a peaceful and Merry Christmas! I've seen a Living Christmas Tree before. It's been many years ago. Our Sunday was filled with beautiful music last Sunday. I just absorbed all of the Sweet Spirit of Christmas in like a sponge. The music of the season really speaks to me heart. The snowman felt Ornament is adorable.

Kate said...

Great note and pictures from Sawyer and June. It's just a busy time of year, so it's hard to stitch much. Enjoy your week off and I hope you can get in some good stitching time. That's my plan for next week too.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Love Bears All Things said...

Lovely post, Denise...I like the ornament...Weather is weird this year...Happy Christmas
Mama Bear