Sunday, December 13, 2015

stash report and *so* much more . . .

This past week has been so busy . . . probably the busiest of the season so far!  And even though today has been busy too, it was good to stop and celebrate my favorite Sunday in Advent . . .
The Sunday of JOY!

My Stitcher, etc. Christmas party was Tuesday evening and that's where the nominal change in my stash report occurred.  (And can you believe we're at week 50?!?)
The bottom line didn't change, because there was an even exchange of fat quarters. We do an ornament exchange and the "wrapping" is a fat quarter of Christmas fabric.  Here's mine ready to go in Christmas plaid (with a bonus yo-yo candy cane ornament):
And here's the pretty fat quarter I received:
I also received a darling little teapot ornament from my darling friend Kari:
Isn't it sweet?!  I opted to 'spruce' up my tea corner with it, instead of putting it on the tree. This sweet little thing may stay out year 'round!

With regard to stash, thanks to all of you who share input on de-stashing.  I've got thirteen days over Christmas, and I have decided for sure to spend at *least* one of those in the Nook, sorting and reorganizing (and de-stashing)!

I had a little time to get in some handwork in spite of the busyness.  For example, the yo-yo candy cane ornie was finished, and I stitched up another wool tree . . . this one in pinks, white and red.
I think I like this one even better!!  The white and blue one I gifted to our hostess on Tuesday.

I also will be working on some more felt poinsettias.
I've always done these in regular craft felt, but I think they'd be pretty in wool felt. I may have to try one out. The hardest part of finishing these is trying to decide which button to use for the center! I'll probably do a little slow stitching on those to carry me through my Sunday evening!

Wednesday we had church and packed Lunches of Love, Thursday we had our MSC missionary Christmas dinner, Friday I finished wrapping anything that had come in late, boxed it all up and got all my out-of-town gifts in the mail!  Whoa!  Is this really me?!?  Ha!  Speaking of gifts for out-of-towners, we also got to do a little FaceTiming with this crew . . .
Their first California Christmas tree!
Sawyer and June were busy 'working' on colorings for us.
Liv was happy to blow kisses to Neesey and Pawpaw!

Saturday was an outing to Miss Mary Bobo's, in Lynchburg, Tennessee.  A group of ladies from Wears Chapel have now made this trip two years in a row!  
The food is always excellent, and it was fun to walk around the square of Lynchburg (home of Jack Daniels), too!

Then today, after church, I met Jocelyn, Ellie and Joc's mother-in-law, Marilyn, at the Von Braun Center for the matinee performance of The Nutcracker!
Ellie was really excited to see it again and told us her favorite part was the Mouse King!  She really was entranced with the ballet and watched through the whole thing quite intently!  I think this year was even more enchanting for her, because she's been taking ballet lessons!
And she was able again this year to wear the pretty little Nutcracker dress that I hand-embroidered the "E" on!  In another year or two, Everley will be able to wear it, too!

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  And I'm off to see what little stitches I can make before bedtime!

Have a fabulous week!

:)



12 noted . . .:

Mary said...

I'll miss not going to see the Nutcracker this year. No ballerina's in it for the 1st time in several years. Ellie is darling in her Dress. you'll need to make a bigger version when Everly gets this one, lol. Nice you can facetime with Sawyer and his sisters! California is way too far away from Alabama. Looks like your Christmas is quite festive already. Merry, Merry Christmas to you my Blog friend!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Even the package is pretty - great FQ. How those little ones are growing. I took my daughter to the Nutcracker so long ago - granddaughter will probably want to go in a sparkly tu-tu, but to a wrestle mania event. Yeah, a rough houser. Very festive busy for you - Merry Christmas.

Kate said...

You've been busy. Love the second tree ornament and those poinsettias. Enjoy the season.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Lighting of the advent candles is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. The only bad thing about eating at Miss Bobo's is the amount of food which can be consumed. So glad your Granddaughter enjoys the Nutcracker--may she always carry the music in her heart

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

This is such a sweet post. And you have been a busy bee. Enjoy the season :-)

Libby in TN said...

I thought about you when they lit the Joy candle yesterday. You did, indeed, have a joyful week! I miss going to the Nutcracker but have found some interesting interpretations on the Ovation network. I hope you have the merriest of Christmases -- well, as best you can with half the family on the West Coast ...

CathieJ said...

I adore those felt poinsettias. You shared so many wonderful photos.

Doniene said...

Wishing you a Joyous Christmas Season with your family and loved ones!!!

Janet O. said...

Look at you, staying on top of holiday preparations and enjoying the festivities. : )
Isn't Skype wonderful when family moves away? Don't know what I'd do without it.
That was good of Joc to name Everley so she could wear the nutcracker dress when Ellie grows out of it. *LOL*

Jeanna said...

Well this post just wore me out! You have been so busy that "I" am tired now.

Looks like all good things so wonderful that you are enjoying your season..Joyfully!

Ranch Wife said...

Goodness! You are a whirlwind of Christmas activity and I know you bring the blessings of the season everywhere you go! It even spilled out of my computer screen as I read your post. Ellie looks positively radiant in her extra-special Nutcracker dress. Wishing you and your sweet family a beautiful Christmas!

Sandi Colwell said...

What a bunch of cuties! Love that Nutcracker dress so much. The yo yo candy canes are adorable!!