Sunday, December 27, 2015

last dash to de-stash, plus a delightful Christmas . . .

Hahaha!  Who am I kidding?  There was absolutely no change in my stash report and there wasn't any hope that there would be!  So the overall is a net USE of 22.5 yards, which is a personal best on the end total . . .
Of course, neither my usage or my enhancements are really very high -- check out that 6 yards of enhancement.  What?!?  I'm actually rather proud of that number! Going back to work really put a bit of a damper on time in the Nook (much less having time to shop for fabric)! I certainly will not complain, though, especially in light of these numbers:

2015:  +22.50 yards
2014:  -22.25 yards
2013:  -48.00 yards
2012*:  -144.25 yards

Um.  Yeah.  Since each year starts fresh, that's an accumulation of 192.0 yards of fabric over the past four years.  Whoa.  It's definitely time to destash . . . there's not room for me to do anything in the Nook but store fabric!!  Especially when you consider that 2012* is the first year I started *recording* my stash, but definitely not the first year that I started collecting it. Eeek!

Of course, I say that knowing that on New Year's Day, I'll gather with my Stitchers etc. group and we'll have brunch and then hit the annual sale at the LQS, Patches & Stitches.  We're doing a block swap this year and I had planned on picking up some fabric for that.  Hmmmm.

I hope everyone had as lovely a Christmas as we did!  We spent Christmas Eve with Joc and her family.  We went to Christmas Eve service with them at their church, and then went out to dinner at Bravos.  Todd and I had never eaten there before -- it's relatively new -- and it was very nice. Everley has learned a new face (and learned that it makes people laugh), so she practiced looking at all of us in her funny little frowny face . . .
She pretty much entertained us until her dinner arrived! From there we headed back to Jocelyn's house and got there just in time to see Santa Claus making his rounds through the neighborhood on a fire truck!  Ellie and Evey just thought that was the grandest thing, and Ellie's eyes got round as plates as Santa shouted from the truck, "You children better get home and get to bed.  I'll be coming to your houses soon!"  Haha! We did head to the house then, and Joc read the Christmas story to Ellie . . .
And something about Christmas Eve -- even Leia was compatible and wanted to hang out with the family.
And allowed some Ellie loving to happen, too!

Christmas morning was filled with some lovely surprises!!  I got quite a number of happies, but I'll share just a few:
A new super Hex N More ruler I've wanted for a while!
A new electric kettle!
Four place settings of the Christmas accent plates and mugs to add to my china and make it Christmassy!   (Just cuz I live in an RV doesn't mean I don't like china!!)
A beautiful tea book.  My husband really spoiled me this year!  I also got a beautiful wool sunflower table topper kit (from the Merkels), a box of 50 wonder clips (from the Panters), a new workstation light, some wire toppers for my mini-quilt stand, and some DVDs to add to my collection! Plus this beautiful tea strainer from a sister . . .
Isn't it perfect with my teapot??  And this lovely monogrammed scarf from a sister:
Of course, it was 70+ degrees Christmas day -- the only hope I have of wearing it is inside, when Todd sets the A/C down to 65!  LOL!  :)

And then the pics started rolling in of grands . . .
Oh gosh, aren't they all just precious??!!  

Today will be another quiet one . . . I may get a head start on hand-stitching some ornaments for next year, what do you think?!  Perhaps I'll work on that navy "Let it Snow" ornie today, just to get a jump on 2016!
Linking up to the stash report on Patchwork Times, Slow Stitching Sunday on Kathy's Quilts, and Feline Friday (on Sunday) on sarah did it!

Enjoy a blessing-filled Sunday!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Charlene S said...

I love your additions! Living in a small space is no excuse not to enjoy items that make you happy. My grandpa would tell me that people make time and space for the things and People they want to have around them. He was a very wise man!

CathieJ said...

So many great gifts and pictures. Your grandchildren are adorable. I love that ornament. Enjoy your stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

I just love your beautiful dishes... I'd love to sit down to a meal at this table!
Such fun photos of your grandchildren.
ENjoy some stitching today!

Deb A said...

Such a pretty table setting. Your ornament is very cute.

Valerie Reynolds said...

ooohhh you got lots of goodies for Christmas and yes, those grands just put the JOY in Christmas for sure. Enjoy your stitiching today....

kwiltnkats said...

Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to enjoy your Christmas. I'll have to see my counts from year to year. I did think it interesting that my 2014 and 2015 were very much the same. Now you've wet my desire to know about earlier comparisons. Happy Holidays, Sandi

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

That heart snowman ornament is adorable!

Donna said...

The grandchildren and the snowman ornament are all cuties.

Kate said...

It looks like you and yours had a grand Christmas. Congrats on the more out than in this year. I'm hoping for another year of more out than in after 5 years of more in than out. Enjoy your slow stitching time today.

Needled Mom said...

The little ones are so cute....love the new face!!! It looks like it was a great Christmas for your family.

Missy Shay said...

Keeping track of my stash would be too stressful, I hate anything that involves numbers.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your grandchildren made me smile! Looks like wonderful memories are being made in your family...cute snowman ornament too.

LindaH said...

Your grandchildren are adorable. Is there a way I can purchase
the pattern for that cute snowman ornament? I love snowmen
and would like to make some for my Christmas tree next year.
Have a wonderful day!!

Sarah said...

So many nice pictures - it appears that everyone had a grand holiday!! Even Leia made an appearance - was she trying to get off the naughty list??!!