Sunday, February 14, 2016

bustin' a move . . .

Y'all.  There's nothing like a deadline to get me *moving* on a project.  That's how I can come before you now and say I have not one, but TWO complete finishes (quilting, binding, labeling and sleeves) this week!  Whoohoo! And what's even nicer?  I'm two months in-a-row complete on the #APQresolution challenge.  This month they drew project number five . . .
Which for me, was the faux ruched flowers project!
It now has a name . . . Larla's Pocket Full of Posies.  A little birthday happy for my baby sister.

And I also finished the antique rose topper . . .
Which also has a formal name . . . Desert Roses After the Frost.  This one's a birthday happy for my sister who's joining me in the 50's this month!
Two finishes . . . sheesh, it's about time! Two that are UFOnomos!  :)

I also managed to get all the pieces cut for Evey's quilt . . .
This is going to be fun to work with -- and I'm thinking I'll either embroider or quilt an alphabet in some of the white squares, along with flowers or something.  That'll keep me busy for while! Between getting that cut and prepped and labels and sleeves for the finished pieces, my stash report is looking pretty nice this week!
Of course, I realized that I didn't have enough of the Kona white to use for the back of my blocks, so I'll be adding more in the relatively near future, but it'll go out again quickly, so that's okay.

If I get some slow stitching time in today, this will be what I'm working on . . .
My go-to project when I'm not working on other stuff!  I have three more 'pairs' to baste to the base piece, and then I'll be ready to start a new block. Linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.

Our church is memorizing a passage of Scripture together each month this year. February's verse is one of my favorites and I made up a graphic for it.  Thought I'd share it with y'all . . .
Happy Valentine's Day! Feel free to right click and save it, if you'd like.  

Enjoy a blessing-filled day!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

Shasta Matova said...

Congratulations on two beautiful finishes! Such great birthday presents. You've using the momentum well with progress on two other quilts.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finishes and the stash busting! This year has gotten off to a good start for you. Hope you had a great Valentines Day!

Jeanna said...

Great job on your finishes. I love the "ufonomos". LOL. Love the Bible verse, very appropriate for today.

Janet O. said...

Two for two--pretty great record, I'd say! : )
Nice finishes and doesn't it feel good?
The fabrics for Evey's quilt look very happy and fresh. Won't they be fun to sew?
How many of those paper pieced blocks have you completed? I didn't remember that you were doing that--haven't seen them for a while.

teacupsandstitches.com said...

Congrats on finishing projects. That is such a good feeling. Bright and cheerful fabric for Evey's quilt. Nice to have a qo-to projects.

Needled Mom said...

Wow....nice finishes! The slow stitching project looks great too.

Mary said...

Love the finishes. Nice Gifties for your Sisters. What pattern are you using for Evies quilt? Cute Polka Dots! Happy Heart Day!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on two finishes! And so lovely that they are gifts for your sisters!

Grandma said...

Great finishes! Your sisters will be so happy!

Jean(ie) said...

Go go go woman! Lean mean UFO busting machine!

Teresa in Music City said...

Way to go girl!!!! You are bustin' all the seams out of that move LOL!!! I've got to get busy if I'm going to finish up my UFO Challenge project this month. Can't wait to see how you get creative with Evey's quilt!