Sunday, February 07, 2016

this, that, and the other . . .

Not an overly productive week here at casa Panter (or should I say RV?), at least not for me.  I got off to a slow start with the sinus infection and subsequent laryngitis and didn't go back to work until Tuesday -- still not feeling *great*, but functional.  We were sent home early with the possibility of severe weather (yikes!), and I managed to start something new.  How shocking is that?
Actually, I've been playing around with this in EQ for a while now.  I wanted a simple design of 5" square blocks to make up a bigger block that I could easily quilt under the machine as part of a quilt-as-you-go piece.  The overall size is approximately 54" square and the white spaces (because I plan on using the polka dot prints in assorted colors and the Kona white for the alternating squares--exactly as it's pictured above) will make the perfect back drop for some special hand-quilting or embroidery -- I haven't decided which, just yet.  I think this will be Charmed, I'm Sure.  For Everley Jade.  (It's about time.)

I also managed to finish *one* of my two Christmas ornaments for February . . .
I love the yo-yo Christmas tree!! I had some darling embellishments I added as ornaments, which made it for me. On the other hand, I didn't do any of my block swap blocks yet, but there's always this afternoon and if that's the case, I probably need to do at least two sets!

I have been slowly-but-surely working on the quilting on the Antique Rose topper. I finished the roses and the hand-drawn vines around the outside border:
Now I'm stitching-in-the-ditch with the holographic around the outside edge (the purple and green).
If you look closely, you can see I outlined around the yellow center and again around the red center. The sparkly thread just gives it an extra bit of shimmer -- nothing extravagant or overt, just enough to catch your eye here and there. Hopefully I'll finish that up today, as it will make the perfect Slow Sunday Stitching (during Super Bowl L/50 -- I understand why they ditched the roman numerals for this one).

I might have finished it last night, but there was a bit of a problem. I'd taken it with me to Joc's (my folks have been staying with them and so I've been spending quite a bit of time over the past several days with them) to work on as we sat around and chatted last night.  I put it up when we went into dinner, and when I came back out, this is what I saw . . .
Oh my!  I'm just glad she didn't get jabbed by a needle or pin! LOL! Poor Ellie. She'd really like her Neesey to work on something pretty just for her!

Stash remains unchanged this week, which shouldn't be a shock.
I have the fabrics pulled for Evey's quilt, so perhaps they'll be cut and ready to include next week.

Linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts, my favorite Sunday linkies!  Y'all enjoy the day!

:)

16 left a comment . . .:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Little Ellie just cracked me UP! Reminds me of how a cat will go sit on a piece of fabric or paper ! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Perfect size for Ellie to sit on! So cute! Have fun quilting today. I won't be watching the game....not a football fan!

Laura said...

I love the yo yo Christmas tree too! Another project for my got-to-make-it list.

Charlene S said...

Maybe she needs a tuffet to sit on. Your ornament is darling as is your Charmed.

Cathy said...

I thought the same thing as Deb.... she looks like a cat sitting there. My hubby will be watching the football game. I’ll be watching something on netflix and hand stitching. Like Gail, I’m not a football fan. Hope you have a good day and are feeling better.

Barb N said...

It looks like Elle is ready for a Magic Carpet Ride! Too cute.

Kate said...

I like the plan for your new project. The ornament is darling! Was Ellie playing pretend? She looks like she's engrossed in something. Hope your sinus infection is much better.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh how cute Miss Muffet on her tuffet.Enjoy your stitching today

Missy Shay said...

You'll need to make her a little mat to sit on!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I really like your pattern design. Simple yet striking :-)

Janet O. said...

The photo of Ellie speaks volumes! : )
I love what you have designed for Everley Jade. It is pretty all on its own, but will be taken up a notch or two with your personal hand-stitched embellishment.
Oh, the tree with the tiny ornaments is SO cute! How big are the ornaments and the finished tree? I need some perspective here.

CathieJ said...

I love your yo-yo ornament. Those charms on it are so pretty. Ellie does look like a cat sitting on that block. So adorable.

Needled Mom said...

I hope you feel better soon. Loved seeing the little quilt being put to such good use! lol

Your yo yo ornament is so sweet.

Jeanna said...

You have been very productive especially for not feeling well.

Ellie is so cute.

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks like Ellie thought you had stitched a hopping mat for her! So sweet!
Love the yoyo ornament!

Dar said...

Hope your are over your sinus infection and throat problem. I must have caught it from you!!! Late last week and through today I've been battling the same thing. I'm just feeling good enough to read my emails and blogging friends posts. I love your little one sitting on such a pretty quilt like it was her very own. I think she is hinting.