Sunday, February 28, 2016

i may have over-steeped . . .

Think you caught a misspelling in my header today?  Haha!  Nope . . . you've over-steeped your bounds if you've taken on more than one body should for a tea party!  LOL!

There was *no* time for stitching this week as I prepared for a tea party for the girls and adult staff at the Alabama Baptist Children's Home in Decatur on Saturday!  I made bookmark favors . . .
And teapot favors . . .
Isn't that darling?  And when I say made favors, I mean I made a BUNCH of favors!  
Thirty-two, in all, which isn't too terrible of a crowd, unless you're cutting out all of those teapots from cardstock!

And of course, what's a tea party without creme cheese mints?!
These were a big hit!

I spent Saturday morning making scones and tea sandwiches for the group.  Evey and Ellie were my helpers . . .
LOL!  Actually, Ellie's a big help and likes to be a 'cheffer'.  
In case you're wondering, that's a chef who bakes.  *grin*

I didn't have to set a table for this tea party. Normally I love to do that, but at least I knew I couldn't do that on top of all the prep work!  I had four sweet ladies take on the task of tea table hostess and they all set up beautiful tables!
Ellie helped co-hostess her mommy's table.  Isn't it pretty?!
Everyone did such a great job! It was a fun afternoon . . .
And I think that the little girls enjoyed it because it was a party and they had crayons and necklaces and chapstick in their favors.  But I think the older girls (and even the staff ladies) learned that tea parties aren't just for littles . . . they are wonderful opportunities for sweet fellowship and times of refreshing. I think we may have even made some tea converts!

All that to share that my stash report is unchanged this week . . .
Worth it. I did finish up my lil' gingerbread man ornament, and so finished up my two ornaments for February. Yay!
This afternoon, if I don't take a nap, I'll be working on basting these pretty little pieces to their templates.  
That's good stuff for a slow stitching Sunday afternoon!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  I hope you're able to enjoy a beautiful Sunday, regardless of your weather!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

WyoPat said...

Love the tea party idea--and what fun for the little helpers! The tables are lovely and I really like the "agenda" handout. What a wonderful time!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love the little helpers and oh my those favors are adorable!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I haven't been to a tea party in years. I had a great aunt who just loved them and I vaguely remember attending. Love all your little extra special touches.

Meloney said...

What a fun week. Hope you are resting and enjoying the memories you made.

1000needles.com said...

I love tea parties! Your favors looked adorable! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

quiltpaintcreate said...

Cute ornament!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Tea parties are always fun!

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a fun event! Did you pour???

Peggyinno said...

Tea parties are such a special event in any little girls life. I'm sure this will be a happy memory for all who attended.
That gingerbread man is too cute!!

Kate said...

Very fun favors! The tables look amazing. Sounds like a pretty magical time for all.

Jeanna said...

The tea party sounds like it was a lot of fun for all. What a wonderful opportunity to fellowship and enjoy a cup of tea.

CathieJ said...

I've never been to a tea party. Yours looked great. Your gingerbread man is so cute. I hope you get to stitch your hexies.

Jean(ie) said...

How fun! I love the pretty decorations and stuff!

Ivani said...

Those creme cheese mints made my mouth watering. May you share the recipe? Love all the details for the Tea party. It seems you all had a great time.

Janet O. said...

Whew! You outdid yourself! I hope you napped. : )

Sarah said...

Your tea pot favours are fabulous, I bet everyone loved them! And the tables looked beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful life treat to host a tea party! Such great memories for everyone!
Hope you enjoyed your relaxing and stitching!