Sunday, February 21, 2016

whirlwind week . . .

Last week I told you that I'd finished up two of my UFOs and gifted them.  What I *didn't* tell you was that I flew to Corpus Christi, Texas, to gift them in person!  
We had a lovely long weekend hanging out in the beautiful canal home of one of my sister's very gracious friends.
We pretty much celebrated the birthday girl by eating out, laying out, and going out to shop. Dream vacay, right?!  :)

Needless to say, I didn't get a whole, whole lot done.  I finished up four sets of swap blocks (which makes for a total of six down, ten to go):
They still need to be trimmed before they're presentable! And that's about the size of it (no pun intended) . . . which means not a lot happened in my stash.
Or rather, NOTHING happened in my stash, in or out! But I ordered this sweet little thing . . .
Both Ellie and June have 15" dolls. They need some new clothes for the babies! I bet I can make a little dent in the ol' stash that way!

I've got my second February ornament cut out and ready to stitch . . .
I love the little heart cutout -- perfect choice for this month, don't you think? He will make for some happy Slow Stitching today!

And, just in time for Spring and in celebration of the lovely weather we've enjoyed this weekend, lookie what I purchased . . .
It was used, so I got it for a GREAT price.  That front porch space of my Nook just needed a rocker, don't you think?? I was considering painting it purple (because it needs a fresh, weather-proofing coat of paint), but I think I like the white. We get just a tad warmer and I'll be doing my slow Sunday stitching right there!

And finally, it's been a while since I've posted a picture of the formidable "Leia". When Joc sent these to me, I knew I had to share . . .
Haha! And so you know it's not a one time thing . . .
Gracious!! I think it's safe to say that Evey loves Leia. Whether or not that love is reciprocated, I won't speculate. Leia rather has that, "Help me!" face in the second one . . . love hurts? LOL!

Linking up today to Patchwork Times, Kathy's Quilts, and the feline Friday post at sarah did it!  Y'all have a blessing-filled Sunday!

:)

21 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

Well, y'all know I'm up for anything purple but traditionally tockers are white so I guess it will have to do. LOL. Leia is being such a good girl - unbelievable if you ask me - she must be a softy at heart!

Happy Sunday! I did my walk, now some housework, then Tyler's semi-finals hockey game up in the city and finally some hexies this evening. I'm tired just typing it all out...

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the rocker and white just makes it call out ' come sit with me'. That is a shocker - Leia in a cuddle! Some dolly clothes sounds like a fun project.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks like the perfect spot for some slow stitching!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh your rocker looks perfect on the front porch! What a good kitty, very patient indeed!

Teresa in Music City said...

So glad you had a wonderful time on your dream vacay! Somehow I managed to avoid the doll-clothes making days. That looks like a nice pattern with lots of options - yep, I bet you'll use up lots of stash on some little pretties for your darlings :*). And what can I say about sweet Leia? She's Supercat! I know dogs who will let their children do that, but very few cats :*)

Needled Mom said...

I am laughing hysterically at the sleeping pictures! Too cute.

It looks like you had a fabulous girl's away vacation.

Kate said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Corpus Christie is a great place for a vacation. Love the pictures of Leia being loved on. She does look like she's asking "why me?" in that second shot.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL, lOVE HURTS...TOO FUNNY!! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my goodness... those photos are just too funny and sweet!
Made me LOL for real!
Your porch looks so inviting... the perfect place for slow sunday stitching... enjoy!

Design Originals by KC said...

I love the building your got... you have it fixed up cute on the outside too! Lovely pics of your grands... and your February ornament is lovely! Kathi

Lyndsey said...

Those photos are so cute. Poor cat she looks like she needs to run and hide. I just wish I had a sewing space like yours and the rocker. You'll really enjoy the rocker as the weather warms up.

Karen said...

I like the Gingerbread Man you are working on. With his little red heart.

Deb A said...

That rocker fits perfectly! I don't know why but hot pink came to mind! Hope you can enjoy some slow stitching out there soon. I am actually enjoying my messy back patio - stitching comes before cleaning today!

Jeanna said...

I love your nook and the new rocker is perfect for it.

Poor kitty and one lucky little girl!

teacupsandstitches.com said...

Oh, I think you had a productive week and a fun one also. Sewn blocks are an accomplishment. Most definitely the porch needed a rocker. Perhaps on nice weather you can rock and do hand work.

Libby in TN said...

I think only southern girls "lay out"; everyone else either suns or tans or something .... Glad you had a great time. That cat is improbably patient!

Momof3girls said...

Oh my! Leia MUST love Evey in order not to bite or scratch her. My cat would have bit her immediately. I love the rocker sitting on the porch. The girls will have some of the cutest doll clothes made with love. While you've got ornaments going, I'm purchasing stocking stuffers. lol

Janet O. said...

Looks like you had some great "girl time"!
The rocker looks perfect there, and much as I love purple, I think the white has a very homey look.
I CANNOT believe Leia tolerated all that love. What a hoot!

Mary said...

Love that you had a Get-away to deliver the gifts. Keep the white on the rocker. Poor kitty. Lovin' kids.

CathieJ said...

What a great place to be working on stitching when the weather improves. I love your "kitty" pics. Yup, she looks like she wants help. Your projects are so pretty. Doll clothes should use up a little bit of fabric. Glad you had a great vacation.

Dar said...

Your white rocker is certainly perfect on your front porch. What a patient cat. I don't think I've ever seen one that would stand a baby laying on top of her. She is such a purrfect pet for children.