Wednesday, February 03, 2016

a review -- all things bright and beautiful





One of my favorite hymns -- growing up and to this day -- is a sweet children's hymn penned in 1848 All Things Bright and Beautiful, by Cecil Frances Alexander.  A quick jump over to YouTube can find assorted versions of the song . . . instrumental, choral, children's choirs . . . and it's be paired with several different melodies through the ages, and transcends denominations.


It's a sweet, beautiful picture of creation and its Creator. And I was delighted when I saw that the beautiful words had been paired with lovely illustrations to make a children's book!

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by Cecil Frances Alexander and newly illustrated by Katy Hudson, is sure to be a favorite of any child. Hudson's artwork is charming and colorful, and filled with movement, color and light. It's a delightful way to share God's good earth with little children and will be a favorite bedtime 'go-to' with our grandchildren!!  And, hint-hint, a perfect Valentine's Day or Easter gift -- or just because!!


I'm also linking up with the Bibliophile Files over at sarah did it!

:)



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Worthy
Publishers, as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a
positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in 
accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: 
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

9 noted . . .:

Sarah said...

How lucky for you to receive a book based on your favorite hymm. I bet the grands will love it!

Libby in TN said...

I learned to sing that in children's choir by looking at pictures that illustrated the lyrics. Still one of my favorites, too! Our handbell choir even plays it.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

our children sang that at Christmas in our Church choir. IT's truly a beautiful hymnal

gpc said...

I also loved the series of books by a country vet by the same name! He named each book after one line of the first verse. Sweet stories. :)

Needled Mom said...

That is wonderful. I am sure you will have fun reading it to the little ones.

Kate said...

It looks like a very fun book.

Sandi Colwell said...

That looks like a beautiful book. Hope you are feeling better.

allthingzsewn said...

Such a sweet cover. So do you only review children's books?
What was the name of that Christmas book again please. I can't find the sticky note. Go figure. But I did clean out and discarded outdated ones. That counts for something does it not?

Janet O. said...

I love songs in children's book form--and for it to be a beautiful hymn is a bonus!!