Thursday, March 03, 2016

a review -- the berestain bears' easter blessings

The Berenstain Bears family have been a favorite of *our* family for a very long time. Both of my children enjoyed them immensely, and I loved the way the Bears' stories reinforced the values that we worked so hard to instill in our children. 

So when I saw The Berenstain Bears' Easter Blessings by Mike Berenstain, available for review by Worthy Publishing, I knew I wanted to read it and share it with grandchildren, too!

I was not disappointed. This sweet little board book is filled with color and perfect to be held and 'loved' by little hands.  The easy-to-turn pages are a plus, too!  The happy characters come to life on the page, as Easter morning unfolds in their home.  
The children are really excited when grandparents come by with Easter baskets filled with goodies . . . but the adults are quick to point out that Easter is more than candy . . . 
It's about being aware of all of your blessings, the greatest blessing being that of a risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

I've enjoyed reading this to Ellie and Evey . . . and especially hearing Ellie read it back to me! If you're wanting to put something in the ol' Easter basket that has substance and meaning, this will be a definite hit!

Linking this up to the Bibliophile Files over at sarah did it!

:)

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Worthy
Publishers, as part of their Blogger Review program. I was not required to write a
positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in 
accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: 
"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

4 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a delightful book - It's been a long time since I've read Berenstain Bears!!

Janet O. said...

We used to read a lot of those books around here. I didn't know they ever addressed religious themes, though they always had a good lesson. Thanks for the review. : )

Momof3girls said...

I love the Berenstain bear books! I kept the girls set of books when they were little. I can't wait to read them to our little grandson and purchase more. We also love Clifford and Arthur books. I will look into getting the Easter book too. :)

Kate said...

DT was a Bererstain Bears fan when she was little. They are such sweet books.