Sunday, September 11, 2016

fun-filled . . .

* * disclaimer:  I spilled tea on my keyboard and now my "a" key doesn't work; I have to use the Alt-97 sequence to get an "a" (or Alt-65 for an A).  So if I miss one, you'll please pardon my error.  I hd no ide how mny 's I used in the course of typing until this hppened!!  LOL!! * * 

Our Labor Day celebration was a good one.  Ellie spent the night on Sunday and we enjoyed a slow start to the day.  We enjoyed peanut butter bear toast for breakfast . . . she thought that was quite fun.
So fun, in fact she felt the need to have a second piece, and create her 'own' design.
She was quite proud of the final affect!

Both girls really enjoy time on the boat and in the water.  Ellie makes a terrific first mate . . . 
But I think Evey has higher aspirations!  
The evening was beautiful, and we took our time heading back to the docks after dinner and a swim, to enjoy creation.

I did get in some good stitching time on my hexie pumpkin mat . . .
I love the final look! It stitched up pretty quickly, so perhaps I'll consider doing another. I definitely strayed from the original design a bit, but I figure that's my prerogative! ;)

Finishing that up prompted me to do a little fall decorating on the outside, too . . .
It's always fun when Mr. Scarecrow makes an appearance!

Saturday (yesterday) was Evey's second birthday!  I knew she was getting a baby doll and Todd and I had ordered a cradle for said baby, but its shipping was delayed.  I felt strongly that baby needed some sort of bedding, at the least, so I whipped up a simple little baby doll quilt and pillow . . .
And I know I'm getting a little ahead of my chronology here, but I will go ahead and share that both baby and quilt were well received!!  

Joc did a great job (as usual) of setting up Evey's "Busy as a Bee!" birthday party. Between the decorations . . .
The food . . . 
And the beautiful cake . . .
It was a huge success!!
The birthday girl certainly thought so (and really, her opinion is the most important)!

Sawyer had his very first soccer game . . . gosh I wish I could have been there for it! But James sent lots of fun pictures.  Sawyer looks like a natural!
And I got to facetime with the whole crew later in the day, which is always a treat!

The pumpkin mat and the doll baby quilt afforded me the ability to change up some numbers on this week's stash report:
Whoohoo for me! It's not a lot, but it's progress!

My slow stitching today will involve wool and this coloring page from Dover:
I edited the picture just a tad by making it shorter and squatter.  I'm thinking multi layers of wool and maybe some beading or sparkling floss to embellish.  Hopefully I'll have something concrete to show next week.

Linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Y'all have a great week!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Gosh, the littles are growing so fast!! I should get my scarecrows out - such a part of the season along with those pumpkins.

Libby in TN said...

Lucky Grandma! Lots of fun times and fun projects, too. I especially like how the candle mat turned out.

Jocelyn said...

What fun pictures. Looks like the birthday party was a success.

Rachel said...

Wow! Those desserts look almost too good to eat! Almost... ;) That coloring page will make a great block! It's amazing where inspiration can come from.

Janet O. said...

Absolutely got dreamy over that shot on the water. You are so blessed to have nature all around you!
Love the fun you have had with the girls. Can we surmise that Ellie likes blueberries?
What a bee-utiful birthday celebration--The cake is grand, and I especially love the look of those cookies.
So hard to have family move far away, but I am so grateful for Skype and Facetime!
I am loving your ideas for that Santa. Can't wait to see what you create there!
(Have to say it--of course you would spill TEA!)

Mary said...

No fun to not have an A key. Would a Blow Dryer help? The post was fun to read. The girls are growing up. So Cute and fun you get them to have adventures with. I love my Grandma Time. I have a few that are far away. I need to facetime with them sometime. They're usually asleep when the parents call on Sunday evening. Cute Santa!

Kaja said...

Lovely birthday pictures and a fabulous cake. Your grand-daughters look like real sweeties.

Needled Mom said...

The little ones are so cute. Happy belated birthday to the birthday girl. Those cookies are fabulous. I'm sure the doll was thrilled with her quilt set.

Sarah said...

Sawyer is all grown up!!! I can see the girls adore riding on the boat with you and it looks like the party was loads of fun. You guys have the best decorating schemes.

Kris said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Denise!! You are a lucky Grandma as Libby mentioned!! Your grandkids are darling and so is the baby blanket and pillow!! Those kids are lucky to have a grandma like you!! Look forward to seeing your woolly Santa!!