Wednesday, November 27, 2013

the day is nigh upon us . . .

I love the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of this time of year!  Sweet and savory spices fill the air (in the RV, at least), the weather is crisp, and children's laughter bubbles, full of anticipation and expectation . . . and the simple realization that I have *so* much to be thankful for.  
Much like my ancestors who crossed over the Atlantic on the Mayflower and celebrated the first Thanksgiving!

I had fun on Saturday at our guild workshop.  We had such a fun group at our table!  Here we are with our various stages of projects . . .
Mine will be a doll baby blanket for Ellie's baby doll.  I am making one in pink strips for June's doll.

We've had family come in yesterday and more to come in today.  Yesterday, Ellie and I baked up several different types of biscotti and gingersnaps for snacks for our out-of-town guests (who are staying with Jocelyn) . . . 
She's very carefully measuring out some candied ginger for me.
She was particularly fascinated with the Kitchen Aid mixer ... don't tell Joc, but I let her change the speed of the mixer, under careful supervision!

I got June's dress finished and delivered . . .
I can't wait to see her in it tomorrow!  This was such a sweet and easy pattern. I want to make lots of dresses using this pattern! And I *finally* used the automatic button hole foot on my machine for this dress. Good GRAVY!!  It was SOOOOO stinking easy!  I want to make buttonholes in *every* thing now!

I've not made but twelve (yes ... so few I can count the actual stitches) in my cornucopia since my last post. 
Ah well . . . the pumpkin is fine where it is for now, and I'll have the cornucopia finished for next year! Christmas, though, is a definite must.  

I'm eager for tonight--our church family is gathering and sharing a pizza dinner before heading out with food baskets to deliver.  In the meantime, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and the prep work for the stuffing is on the agenda for today.  I got out my Thanksgiving runner, too.  
Even though we're eating on picnic tables over at the pavilion, I can still dress it up!!

That being said, I'd better get a move on . . . wishing for each of you--whether your celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow or not--a day of many things you can be thankful for!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Paula said...

Lovely pictures of Ellie. I love the dress. So cute!
Enjoy your family and have a blessed Thanksgiving. Don't gobble to much and if you do...turn the scale back 10 pounds! LOL!
Hugs

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love that little dress - and what a sweetie to help in the kitchen. Many Blessings for the Holiday.

Mary said...

Love Ellie watching the Kitchen Aid. I used to put my children up on the counter to keep them out of trouble while I baked too. Handed them a wad of dough to play with when I made rolls or cookies too. Ahhh, the memories a picture invokes! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm using Paper plates and cups over here for easy clean up!

Ranch Wife said...

What sweet memories you are making with Ellie! Those photos are darling! Wishing you and yours a Blessed Thanksgiving! Sending cyber hugs!

Janet O. said...

You are such a busy gal! How do you do it all? Love Ellie helping you in the kitchen--and I say what Moms don't know won't hurt you. : )
Very cute dress you made.
Thanksgiving dinner al fresco! I recall that from last year--love it, but it would definitely be too cold for that here!

c. Joy said...

What fun! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Kate said...

June's dress turned out so cute!

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Sarah said...

The fabrics in the turkey dress are adorable - I do hope there will be a modeling photo posted. Your cookie day looked like fun too - our cookie and candy days are next weekend. Yikes - better decide what I am making.

beaquilter said...

that dress is adorable!!