Saturday, November 09, 2013

whoopsie . . .

I see that November is taking after October and sneaking up on me!  And we're already a third of the way through it, to boot!  I guess it's time for the ol' monthly stash report update . . .

Used/donated this month: 1.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 36.25 yards
Purchased/added this month: .75 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 86.5 yards
Net used/donated for 2013: -50.25 yards

To be honest, it took me a minute or two to figure out exactly what, if anything, I'd purchased in the way of fabric last month!  I added two fat quarters to do Ellie's superhero cape and got a great Alabama Crimson Tide fat quarter as gift wrap for my birthday!  Roll Tide!  That was my addition.  After cleaning up the bunk room -- AgAiN -- I have sworn off fabric buying for the rest of my life! the next decade! the year! a month or two.  Maybe.  *wink*

I also was given a bag of silk ties and some velvet remnants for crazy quilting.  I can't even begin to count it, so I'm not, but I wanted to be forthright in my posting (for posterity).  LOL!

And once again, I have a plethora (don't you just love that word??) of pictures because I'm so delinquent in posting (gotta love me!), so I'll do a pictorial post with comments, instead of paragraphs!
First up ... last Saturday we celebrated June's "One-ness"!
Kim set a beautiful spread!
I contributed my signature cream cheese mints!
 I'll be posting the recipe for these next week.
June is all tomboy...she quickly abandoned her princess wand for the sword!
Ps...unless she's captive, getting a front shot of this girl is *tough*!
But since the back is almost as cute as the front, who's complaining?!
Birthday cake:  a success!
Next up:  Sunday -- all smocked up for a paint day with my youth SS girls!
Everyone with their works of art -- what a fun afternoon we had together!
I did a Christmas tree -- I love it!  I'm in the spirit!
Monday, June and I had one-on-one time while mommy and Sawyer went to the dentist! 
Monday afternoon, Todd and I went tooling around the camp, enjoying the day.
Tuesday, I spent the whole day going through my mess in the back bunk room.
It was a complete disaster, but twelve hours later . . . 
A pan of it's organized neatness!  (Clicking will make it bigger.)  When creative
genius hits, it's easy for the room to get out of control.  Bahaha!
The Panters came by for a visit on Wednesday.  Sawyer was having
a ball playing in the leaves!  Constant motion --out of about twelve
pictures, this one was the least blurry! 
Thursday I got to spend with my darling Ellie!
She was a *big* help in making a batch of my Holiday Biscotti.
And she learned that she's quite fond of pistachios!
The aforementioned Holiday Biscotti.  Isn't it pretty??  And it's *so* yummy!!
I'll be guest posting at Sew Crafty Angel next week, sharing the recipe, in case anyone is interested.
Then last night (Friday), Kim, Sawyer, and I headed to downtown Fayetteville
for theopening night of the town's Host of Christmas Past event!  We got to see
the lighting of the Christmas tree, hear carols sung by the high school chorus
(in which three of my SS girls  sing), and have dinner out!  Sawyer was enchanted by all the pretty lights and decorations!
And finally, I'll wrap this up with some fabric creations!
Finished up my stitching course with the lined butterfly bag and pattern weights.
Kim brought me some fabric to turn into a Thanksgiving dress for June!
(But the fabric is Kim's, not mine, hence not included in my stash! Whew!)
Working on my next crayon tinting/stitchery project for my mini-stand!
And, worked up my blocks for our guild's Starstruck Block Lottery.
The theme this month is "Christmas".  These were *so* easy, I may make a
couple more, seeing as how they're not due for two weeks!
Okay, so that wraps up this week for me!  We've got a camp full of Cub Scouts, an AL vs. LSU game tonight, and then tomorrow I'm headed to watch Ellie while Joc and Jason take an overnight road trip to Atlanta.  I'll be back next week with the Cream Cheese Mints recipe as well as a link to the Holiday Biscotti post!

:)

11 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

I can't even pretend to know where to begin! You life is passing before me in a blurr! : ) And through it all you are still finding time to stitch. Good for you!
Your "bunk room" looks good now--do you hire out? My sewing room could use an objective hand.
I still can't get it into my head that the holidays are here, but you seem to be fully in the swing of things. I turn on the radio in the car and hear Christmas music and think--WHAT?? But I know it plays from the day after Halloween until Christmas. I just can't believe we are there.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oops, sorry about that Denise!!
Where did Kim get her lace tablecloth?? I have the same exact one that my mother gave me over 30 years ago. I love it as it is so dainty looking. Pretty table.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lighting of a Christmas Tree? wow that is early! Love the oneness, cuteness. And you have so many lovely projects on the go.

Kate said...

There's a lot going on at your place. Love June's princess outfit. My DD always wanted to be a prince because they got the sword, LOL.

Have a great weekend.

Doniene said...

Wow!!! What a fun post and a busy lady you are!!! Bravo for all your wonderful recipes, "grand" grands, lovely stitching and blessed life!!

Blessings and hugs!

Teresa in Music City said...

My goodness, I'm out of breath just reading all that!!! You stay so busy girlfriend, but I love that you sound so happy and fulfilled :) All fun things and very loving relationships. And you're even finding time to make some totally CUTE Christmas items - wow!!! Can't wait for the two recipes. I might even try to make them LOL!!!

barbara woods said...

Hi I am in n. Ga waving

Sarah said...

Yipper - we love you! Great pictures and too many to comment on so I'll just say LaLaLaLa - I can't her you talking about Christmas - LaLaLaLa

Angel Allen said...


You're a busy lady. Thanks for sharing at our Thursday Favorite Things Hop.
Angel

Katherines Corner said...

I think we both need more hours int he day, giggle. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. ♥