Friday, December 27, 2013

post nasal holiday . . .

Where I was when we last chatted . . .
Happily crafting away on the Saturday before Christmas, tidying up last minute gifts and making final preparations.

Where I ended up spending the majority of last Saturday evening . . .
Thanks to a lovely case of acute bronchitis that is still kicking my tail.  On the positive side, proof that quilt inspiration can be found *any* where . . .
Even in the tiles of the hospital walkway!

It seems the flu or bronchitis or other nasty viruses have just about taken out our entire family this Christmas. Children, grandchildren and husbands. *sigh* Poor things!  I'm laying low and enjoying my gifts . . .
A good book or movie and a hot pot of tea.  Definitely!  And looking forward to a healthier 2014, for sure!

:)

21 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh you poor dear - hope you and your family get on the mend. This was the first yr. that ALL were healthy so there were gatherings. However - almost all are now with the 'bug'!

Mary said...

So Sorry You aren't Celebrating with the family. Feel better soon. Force liquids!

Lee said...

I'm sorry you and your family got bit by that nasty ol' bug. We were ok this year thankfully, but sure still remember last year, so sending prayer that you all are well and normal real soon!

Janet O. said...

What a bummer, Denise! Illness is no respecter of holidays, is it? Sorry you were not able to pursue your usual Christmas frolics with loved ones. I hope you can feel strong again soon.
Lovely tea set to brighten your bedside table! : )

Val Spiers said...

What bad luck. I hope you have someone to get those cups of tea for you. Rest up and early to bed on New Year's Eve.

gpc said...

So sorry you've all been ill and hope everybody is well again soon! What a lovely tea pot -- a small pleasure during this forced 'down time.' :)

Kate said...

Definitely not the most fun way to spend Christmas. Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Jeanie said...

Get well prayers for all of you. What timing.... not that there's ever a good time to be ill. Take care and feel better!

Needled Mom said...

It's that time of the year! Feel better soon.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Wishing you and your family members speedy recoveries from all your sniffles and coughs.

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Been there, and know how it feels to be sick during the holidays. It sucks. Feel better soon with lots of warm teas!

Barbara said...

That is no way to spend Christmas. Hope you all feel better soon.

Paula said...

Oh goodness! I do hope you are feeling better. Sorry you got ill. Hugs

Cathy said...

Oh no! What a terrible way to end a fun day. Those hospital stretchers are sooooo uncomfortable, too. And the emergency rooms so noisy. Those nasty flu bugs love this time of year. So many people all close together in malls and churches and homes, they can just jump from one to another with abandon. Glad you are feeling better. (((((hugs))))))

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Sounds as though you know how to take care of yourself...resting, drinking warm broth, staying warm and reading a good book!

Feel better soon my friend.

Happy New Year!

Hugs, Carolyn

Jean(ie) said...

HUgs, dear. I am hoping that you found the magic combo by now. Being sick just plain sucks. I've got the beginnings of that crap. The mildly sore throat. Not looking forward to full-blown. Started my inhalers and stuff as I noticed I'm wheezeing a bit. Booo!

Ok, I am seriously swooning over your red transferware. LOVE it!!!!!!

Lee D said...

I am sorry sorry to hear this. I hope by now you are on the mend and were able to enjoy a bit of the grands and the holiday. Wishing you good health for the new year!

Kris said...

Oh, dearest Denise!! I am so sorry you were in the hospital but I am glad you are feeling better!! That bronchitis IS a tail kicker. The tea will definately help especially if you add the honey, lemon and ginger!! Take care of yourself and your family!! And those little snowmen are darling!! xoxoxoxKris

StitchinByTheLake said...

I hate when that happens! I'm glad you're well enough to be home and praying for a better new year for you. :) blessings, marlene

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a lovely teapot. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Ranch Wife said...

There is one disadvantage to being unplugged...I miss out on what my favorite people are up to and I'm sorry to hear that you had to spend time hooked up in the hospital. :( I hope that you and your sweet family are all back to good health. May 2014 find you all staying that way too!