Saturday, December 21, 2013

the storm before the frenzy . . .

I miss my blog!!  I can't believe how long it's been since I last posted.  (Which I guess isn't really all *that* long, considering the time of year it is!)  I have a feeling when I look back on 2013, I might be a little sad that I didn't at least take a little more time in chronicling the day-to-day events that make life rich and precious. My failing short-term memory really appreciates having the blog to refer back to. I'm working on some ideas that will make blogging less 'work' and will allow me (and family) to be able to look back and see what's going on without all the writing, editing, and picture editing stuff that has kept me blogging so sparsely this past year!

Anyway, that being said, this month has been busy, busy, busy!  I've had fun crafting with the grands and on my own.  Here's a little taste of some of the fun things we've been up to: 
A couple more button wreath ornaments ... these went on gift bags!
Took me forever, but I finally decorated!  Inside and . . . 
Outside!  Yay!
Ellie and I made salt dough ornaments!
I made Ellie a fun "E" for her Christmas tree.
I used the wreaths we made to decorate favor bags.
These went to my sweet Sunday School girls!  :)
I made poinsettia hair clips for June and Ellie and a Frosty button pin for Sawyer.
Sawyer and his mommy made this *awesome* gingerbread house.  He was SO proud!
More "regular sized" poinsettia brooches.  I figured out how to use the machine
for these (which makes them go a LOT faster)!  The original tutorial/pattern from
lil fish studios is HERE.
Our guild's Christmas social was a huge success -- we had a great turnout.
The tables were so pretty!  And instead of doing the typical "make and take" project,
we did "make and leave" projects -- Christmas cards for Van Tutt Veterans' Home!
And finally, something quilty: a little "Snow Buddies" project.  This was
 a quick put together with fabric I'd won a LONG time ago from A Legacy of Stitches.
So that should bring me up to date, I think!  I'm busily crafting away today . . . I've still got today and three solid days before Christmas, so who knows what kind of frenzied trouble I can get into!!

:)

8 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, those salt dough ornaments are so cute! Our group made placemats to donate to the area Meals on Wheels - we only needed 112 and managed a whopping 176! So the extras were taken to a local nursing home. Enjoying family and friends at this time of the year is priority, so no apologies my dear.

LuAnn said...

I'd love to know how you made the button ornaments. They are really cute. Merry Christmas.

Melissa Bishop said...

That IS a great GB house. Love the button ornaments. I have not done a thing yet for Christmas. If I get the energy, I might put the nativity up tomorrow. God bless you and your family and Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

Nice to see you Blogging your Fun Pre-Christmas stuff! The Button Wreaths are very cute! I Love that Ellie and you get so much fun time together.

Barbara F. said...

Love your Christmas tree and the
Decorations. Love the button wreaths, need to make some next year! Merry Christmas to you and your family. xo

Janet O. said...

You have been a busy gal! So much fun going on in your life. You and Ellie cooked up some cute ornaments and your poinsettia brooches are very festive!
I need to go put together gifts for my Sunday School girls tonight. Thanks for the reminder!! : )

Kate said...

Beautiful crafts from fun times. You've been really busy, with lots to show for it.

Barbara said...

Ellie and Sawyer are getting too big already! Slow down, little ones. Everything looks great. Merry Christmas, Denise.