Monday, December 29, 2014

designing walls . . .

Quite literally, that is!  I was a bit of a tease, yesterday, showing off a *tiny* portion of one of my 'quilty' Christmas presents . . .
The rest of it is this beautiful building . . .
OH MY GOSH!  I was so thrilled/surprised/shocked/awestruck when I opened this present on Christmas morning! It was actually a picture, since it arrived the day after Christmas.  It's all for me!  My very own quilting cabin! With a lovely, covered front porch for a rocking chair and a little table.  Room for tea and hand-stitching:
Perfect, right?  Inside is bare, for now . . .
But I've got an idea of how I want it to look!
And what magnificent views I'll have, regardless of which window I'm looking out:
Today, Todd's purchased the insulation and pegboard for walls and he'll get the electricity hooked up:
And then I'll do my magic with paint and curtains and shelves and tables! And move all my quilty things and fabric out of the RV and into the QC!

Best. Husband. Ever.  :)

In the meantime (aka, inside the RV where it's warm and dry), I've resurrected The Pineapple Quilt.
I've determined that it will be my first finish/UFO finish for 2015 (if not earlier)! Linking up with Patchwork Times

Happy quilting!

:)

32 left a comment . . .:

Missy Shay said...

Wow, what an awesome gift that is! Have you already planned your colors and everything? I'm looking forward to watching your progress. Is it at the camp? I wasn't sure if ya'll lived at the camp year round.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Ekkk! How exciting!! What a wonderful place to sew and quilt, AND dream :-) Lovely Quilting cottage!

Sarah said...

And Todd is right on the ball, already installing the insulation and peg board! I am sure you are THRILLED to pieces to plan out your QC space! I wouldn't be able to sleep. LOL. Cant wait to see more progress photos.

I haven't told Dad yet but I recently found instructions to make hexie shaped shelves for when we redo my studio. Teehee! I think my antique ball jars of hexie papers will fit perfectly...

Barb in Mi said...

Congrats on your fantastic xmas present! And good luck with your first 2015 UFO~

Bren said...

So very happy for you! You certainly deserve it. Your husband is a keeper and love you a lot to give you something that will be so dear to your heart.

Barbara B said...

What a wonderful gift! You will love your quilt cabin and create many quilts and memories there. I can't wait to know what Miss Ellie thinks of it--bet she will want to move right in!

Lyndsey said...

Wow you are one lucky lady. That is a fabulous present and you are going to have such fun getting it all set up.

Jean(ie) said...

Yep! Just what I thought! Todd is a keeper

Cathy said...

WOW!!!! What a fabulous gift!!! Does he ever know what to get his quilting lady!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How awesome to have your own little quilty cabin!!

tink's mom said...

Wow, you are correct, Best Husband Ever. Congratulations on your new quilty space.

Norece said...

That is the most wonderful present ever! You are so blessed to have a husband who understands what a quilter needs. Have fun creating your new sewing area.
Have a wonderful new year in your new space.

Janet O. said...

WooHoo! Your own "studio"! I am so happy for you--from the dining table to the quilter's private studio!
Your DH is a wise (and good) man!!

Sue Daurio said...

Well you must have been really good this year for Santa to bring you your own quilting cabin. What fun!! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Those pineapple blocks will be right at home in that cabin I"m sure!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

How completely awesome! Blessings, Marlene

Mary said...

That's the BEST goftever. Doesn'tcompete with my measly FQ's. But I got my Betsy last year so I didn't need much for Anniversary and Christmas. We have spent way over my allowance on it. It's going to be so cute!!!

Sandi Colwell said...

No way!!!!! That is fabulous! Congratulations and have fun getting it all organized!

The Cozy Quilter said...

A wonderful gift and very special husband! Can't wait to see how you set up your cabin!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

That is wonderful! What a thoughtful guy! Have fun fixing it up.

Paula said...

Awesome Cadillac quilting cabin!
You will be zooming those quilts out like crazy. Enjoy! Hugs

Barbara said...

Fantastic! You are going to have too much fun in your studio. It's lovely.

Needled Mom said...

What an awesome gift!!! You are going to have so much fun setting it all up the way that you want it.

Ramona said...

Wow! You do have a great husband! And how wonderful that it was a total surprise. Have fun finishing and decorating your quilting cabin!

Marsha Hodgkins said...

How excited you must have been to get that key and find out what it went with!!!! You are going to love having that little space to yourself. Very thoughtful gift from the hubby. SO happy for you!

Kate said...

What a wonderful surprise! Your Guy is definitely a keeper. Hope you are settled into your new sewing digs soon.

Maureen said...

Denise, this reminds me of the "tiny houses" on wheels. You can hitch it to the back of the 5th wheel and take it with you! :-)

Michelle said...

That is awesome!! You are going to have so much fun setting it up AND working in there! Love it!

Lara B. said...

Your hubby is a darling to do something like this - What a wonderful surprise! Just terrific!

Kris said...

Oh, wow, Denise!! This is soooo cool!! And yeah, best hubby ever!! What a special treat!! Merry Christmas, dear friend!! :-))

Teresa in Music City said...

Yep, I agree! BEST. HUSBAND. EVER!!!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a great present! Looking forward to seeing all you do with it, and in it.

Lee said...

I finally made it over here to take a peak at the cabin. What a truly thoughtful thing for your hubby to gift you with - and a little porch too! So, so very excited for you! You will have, and create, so much joy in your quilty space :)