Saturday, December 06, 2014

happy holiday chaos . . .

This was a perfectly busy week and next week is only going to be busier . . . holiday chaos (of the happy kind) has kicked in!  I spent Tuesday with Ellie and Everley.  Ellie got her tree put up in her room . . .
Girlfriend *loves* Christmas!!

On Thursday, I watched the Panter crew while James and Kim went to an office party.  Sawyer and June watched the live Peter Pan with me . . .
That is, they watched it until they the passed out in their respective seats--I think they decided that their dreams were sweeter!

Friday was filled with errands and running here and there.  And today our ladies ministry headed to Lynchburg, Tennessee to Miss Mary Bobo's for dinner.
It was marvelous!  We had a great time and the food was just marvelous.  When I got home I stopped at the gate and hung the Camp's Christmas wreath:
Isn't it gorgeous?! A lady up the road make them and was selling them. I knew this would be a perfect fit! I pulled in just in time to watch my beloved Crimson Tide win the SEC Championship game . . . pretty handily with a final score of 42-13!

My stash report is pretty uneventful . . .
A quarter yard out for some quilted potholders I made for a StitchMAP swap (which I forgot to take pictures of).  And nothing in!

Ellie and Jocelyn picked this "E" for Ellie's dress:
So this is how I'll be spending the next few evenings.
I plan on doing satin stitches and padded satin stitching (where there's depth to the letter) in one ply of regular DMC floss.  I've never done satin stitching on a shape like this, but so far, so good.  To give it a little glimmer I'll use a single ply of a red metallic floss to outline it all when I'm finished.  I'll be sure to get a picture of it -- preferably with Ellie in it. I hope to be able to slow down the 'chaos' and get some good stitching time in on Sunday!

And finally, guess what I found?  Another Melody Carlson book!
And it's about a Christmas feline! Adding this one to my December reading!

Linking up to the stash report post at Patchwork Times, the Slow Sunday Stitching post at Kathy's Quilts, and the Feline Friday post at sarah did it!

:)

17 noted . . .:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I love your "wreath", Denise. Absolutely perfect for the season!!

Miss Ellie seems really happy with her tree. My grandsons watched Peter Pan and the same thing happened to them.... Sandman Land!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, she looks so happy with her tree. Ah, dreaming of sugar plums - I fall asleep while watching movies,too.

Janet O. said...

Ellie looks absolutely delighted with her lighted tree! Love those jammies. : )
You are one busy lady--how do you have time to make potholders?

Beedeebabee said...

That little Ellie is just too adorable!
You've been such a busy bee. I think we're all shifting into high gear now that we're realizing Christmas is just around the corner. It's all such fun though! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a cutie by the little tree! Adorable! I am looking forward to seeing your embroidery when it is completed!

Quilter Kathy said...

That wreath is perfect!
Enjoying stitching your E today!

Dee Dee said...

Nothing better than spending time with the little ones. Your wreath is gorgeous. Happy reading and stitching.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your monogram is going to be beautiful! I avoid satin stitching like the plague--I'm not very good at it!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That is going to be so gorgeous and elegant / enjoy! :)

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

You have been very busy! Good luck embroidering the E.

Barbara F. said...

Hey Denise! I finally got back into blogging a bit. Have lots to post, too. Loved this post with Ellie and her adorable tree. Your family is beautiful, your are blessed! Merry Christmas!

Needled Mom said...

Ellie looks so pleased with her tree. It's a busy, yet fun time of the year. Enjoy it.

Dar said...

Love your Christmas wreath and your little granddaughter looks simply delighted with her tree. Have fun this week with all the Christmas celebrations.

Sue G Johnson said...

Love the wreath and the grandies looks absolutely adorable! I can't wait to see the E. I've popped over from Slow Stitching Sunday and so glad I did!

Kate said...

It's amazing how fast the holiday madness gets started once we flip the calendar to December. Looks like the gand kids are all enjoying the holiday. Hope you got in some slow stitching at some point.

Sarah said...

Miss EllieBellie is lucky to have her own tree in her room! Did you read the Christmas Cat yet? would love to hear about it...

Teresa in Music City said...

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and lovely 2015 my friend!!!