Sunday, December 28, 2014

wrapping it up . . .

Thankfully, I'm *not* talking about wrapping presents!  The one task each Christmas season that I *promise* myself I will not procrastinate on (wrap as you buy, wrap as you buy), even this year, I still put off until the last days!  No, I'm ready to wrap up these year's stash reports!  
No changes from last week.  My numbers are decent.  I didn't quite make the goal of using more than I took in, but I made definite strides over my stash-happy practices from the years past!
Those are my numbers from 2013 and 2012.  I think I'm continuing to make marked improvements as I get older and wiser (and run out of space for stashing)!  I've definitely decided that I will continue to report stash usage next year, but I think I will differentiate stash that I purchase versus stash I acquire by any other means. 

I had a very quilty Christmas this year!  Both kids got me lovely rulers and patterns and paper-piecing templates and acrylics!
I'm so excited to play with it all. Needless to say, I'll be playing around with the castle wall pieces today, for my slow stitching!  I'm even more excited now about integrating those blocks with my POTC blocks and making something BIG! Whooohoo!  Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!

I also got another quilty gift from my husband . . .
But it deserves a post of its own, so for now, this picture will have to do. Let your imaginations mull that over!

Happy Sunday!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Sandi Colwell said...

No fair! I want to know what that key is to? Lol!!!

Looks like you got some great quilty stuff there! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you got some fun gifts there, but that key is intriguing.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

New quilting toys are always fun! Looking forward to what fits the mysterious key!

CathieJ said...

I love your quilting toys. Hmmm, I have a birthday coming. I may request some items. I am looking forward to the post that explains the key.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lots of lovely gifts - love a good mystery that involves a key.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Fun post! Can't wait to see what the key opens :-)

Kate said...

Congrats on such having such a successful year on the stash management front! Looks like you'll have lots of fun things to keep you busy after Christmas.

A key? I hope you aren't planning on keeping us all in suspense too long before you write the follow up post.

Lyndsey said...

Come on we need the next post as I want to know what the key is for. It must be something special since it gets its own post.

Jean(ie) said...

I know! I know! It's to a storage unit full of more fabric! LOL!

Mary said...

I seea much smaller Number for this year's final Stash Report. The key has me curious too! Have fun with your Castle Wall Templates. I got a stack of FQ's I haven't shown yet onn my Blog. DH doesn't really know how to pick them. I will use some and re-gift some or use them in a charity quilt.
Happy New Year!

Dee Dee said...

Quilty gifts are just perfect.

I have enjoyed reading about your sweet grandbabies and the turtles.

Have a wonderfully happy new year.

Sarah said...

ooh! oooh! I know what the key is for!! Looking forward to your post with more picture!
How did u make out with the Castle Wall block?

Demanding aren't I??!! Hugs!

Paula said...

A key??? A Cadillac? I can't stand the suspense.
Love your gifts.
Hugs

Janet O. said...

Okay, my guess is DH got you a shed for a new sewing room! : )
You had a very quilty Christmas and that made me realize I got absolutely NOTHING quilt related this year!