Tuesday, December 02, 2014

t'was the month before Christmas . . .

You know what??  It's the *first* Tuesday of the month!!  That means it's Bibliophile Files day! This month my reading is mostly completely centered around the season . . .
 
Ummmm, yes.  You'll notice that they're all by Melody Carlson. She writes the most darling, sweet stories, and I've been a fan of her work for a long time. These are all simple reads, but fun . . . with food for thought, Christmas, and a little romance (generally speaking) thrown in for good measure. Fluff, yes, but happy fluff for a busy time of year! And even though there are seven pictured, I'll have no trouble at all getting through them!  One of them fills my library quota and one of them fills my review quota, and the rest fill my need for fluffiness.  :)

That leaves my 'recommended' and my 'spiritual food' books, which is also easy enough:
I mentioned on Sunday that I was preparing to celebrate the season of Advent. I'm using these three devotionals.  One (The Christ of Christmas) was recommended . . . and the other two just looked good to me! Two of the three have short daily readings, which I ponder in my morning quiet time. The third is broken up into weekly sections that I'll probably digest and study on weekends! I started all of them yesterday and I'm so excited about what I've read so far! I want to spend the next month appreciating what Christmas means.

So, that's what's on my Kindle book shelf for the month!  Head on over to sarah did it! for the book linky party and to see what others have on their reading plates!

:)

6 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you are in for a good month of reading.

Mary said...

You're giving me yet another author to check out. Love my Kindle Books. Especially when they are GOOD and FREE.

Sarah said...

Yipper...definitly a theme for your books this month! I hope you enjoy them! Did you read or watch Christmas Candle yet? I especially liked the (new?) candle song in the movie version.

Missy Shay said...

I have Christmas Bus, I am going to be reading Christmas themed books too.

Kate said...

December is a good month for a little fluff reading. There is so much going on, it helps to have something that you can sit quietly with, but not have to think too much about. Enjoy your reading.

Teresa in Music City said...

I've done so little reading lately! But I have two books sitting on my nightstand ready to dive into sometime soon :) I love light books with a great message like that!