Sunday, January 25, 2015

play it again, sam . . .

I'm beginning to feel a bit like a broken record . . .
Three weeks running now that my stash hasn't changed, for better or worse! And given the work that lies before me, my tune isn't likely to change next week, either!

But I have plenty to slowly stitch away on today. My favorite tools are assembled:
And I have miles of black seam covering to stitch.
Miles.  Times four!

I did finally get my Christmas put away. I had considered leaving it up until February 2, but I had the time and the inclination, so I went ahead and put it away. I used to think that it was pretty impressive that all my tree ornaments fit in a single, small box:
But then I got to thinking how impressive it was that I live in an RV and get to fill that whole box with tree ornaments -- and put that box in a forty gallon Rubbermaid container with the rest of my Christmas stuff. Wow!

So today I'll go sit in my freshly dusted and vacuumed living room, put a fire in the fire place, make a pot of tea, and stitch away the afternoon. Sound like a plan?!

Linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

:)

19 noted . . .:

Lyndsey said...

I sitting in my newly cleaned and polished living room trying to decide which stitching project to work on and which film to watch. I love slow Sunday afternoons. Enjoy your stitching.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Sounds like a great plan. Love you scissor fob or charm!!! How cute! Enjoy your stitching.

Design Originals by KC said...

I love slow stitching Sundays too.. when I get to enjoy them that way! lol.. I just got Christmas put up last week myself.. so your not way outta time! lol Kathi

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Enjoy your slow stitching. I just put my Mom's Christmas things away so you are not alone.

1000needles.com said...

Congrats on keeping the stash report the same! I hope you enjoy your slow stitching! ~Melanie

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like heaven to me! Enjoy!

Dee Dee said...

Enjoy your peaceful day - sounds perfect to me!

Melissa Bishop said...

Tea and a fire. What a cozy image!

Kate said...

Sounds like you have a lovely day planned to celebrate all the work you did to get things cleaned up. Enjoy!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

Jean(ie) said...

Hubby and I have been talking a lot about living in our 28-foot silver bullet lately. There is a zen to having only the stuff you need for a small space.

Teresa in Music City said...

Yep, sounds like a lovely plan! Wish I could join you :) I managed to get my Christmas down last week and felt such a sense of accomplishment! I'm getting ready to join you in some slow stitching while watching Downton Abbey. Have a great week sweetie!!!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Tea and stitching...what could be better?

Beth in MN said...

Your pineapple quilt is so lovely and how nice to have a peaceful Sunday stitching a way. Have loved looking back over all the progress for your "Nook."
Hugs

Janet O. said...

Sounds like a contented afternoon.
One Rubbermaid tub for your Christmas stuff? Yikes--I think I would need your sewing nook!! : )

Mary-Kay Colman said...

You have a fireplace in a RV? I imagine it's a gas one. How RVs have changed since I last saw one. Pretty as a Christmas tree is, I always am happy to put it all away and marvel at how large my living room looks after it's down.

Sarah said...

Wish I could have joined you for tea and a fire!! I'm still impressed with your stash report since there is nothing in yet! Had I been keeping track I would be losing the game already :(

Lara B. said...

Your plan for the afternoon sounds wonderful to me Denise! We've toned down our Christmas decorating to a more modest level by giving away almost all the big stuff. It takes some of the stress out of the holidays and lets us focus more on Christmas! You sure have made "less is more" into an art form!

Lea said...

What a lovely weekend afternoon. Just relaxing and doing what you love to do :)