Sunday, November 09, 2014

nothing ventured . . .


And nothing gained.  That's two weeks in a row . . . 
No changes to the ol' stash report. Of course, working added a dimension -- I really didn't have the time to do much of anything this week. I can tell I'm out of work practice.  I went to bed early every night! But, to be fair, I also had a book I was devouring . . . Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good . . . the latest Jan Karon book.  Those of you who loved the Mitford series would love this one -- I finished it up today.  Oh -- maybe *that's* why I didn't get so much stitching done this week?!  Haha!!

Needless to say, I'll be working on my POTC block for some slow, relaxing stitching.  It's almost all stitched together.
And I've got two more to start cutting! And speaking of POTC blocks, look for a related giveaway in the next week or so, right here from yours truly!

My mom sent me two darling candles she found during her travels, a pumpkin and a squash.
Aren't they darling?  Toss in a couple of pine cones and it's a perfect little harvest vignette!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts today.  Y'all have a lovely Sunday!

:)

20 left a comment . . .:

Needled Mom said...

It's amazing how quickly the hours pass when you are into a good book.

Christine Feldstein said...

Very pretty fall decotration Denise!

Suzanne said...

Thank you for the reading recommendation...I'll have to check it out.

Dee Dee said...

My husband likes to listen to the Jan Karon books. Your candles are sweet. Looking forward to seeing your Crosses quilt.

Dee Dee said...

We also like the Jan Karon books. Your candles are sweet. Looking forward to seeing your Crosses quilt.

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for the tip on the book; I love Jan Karon. I'm looking forward to getting started on POTC some time after the holidays.

Karen said...

The leaf mat looks good with all your fall decor items.

CathieJ said...

I have actually been avoiding my books just so I can get more crafting in. Christmas is way too close now that I am working all day some days.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Working full time really interferes with my sewing projects too! Glad to see you have some hand stitching to do today!

Stephie said...

You're EPP looks intriguing! And what a thoughtful mum :) I'll have to call back tomorrow for a good nosey round - it's 2.30am here in the UK and I really really should be asleep, but I just had to finish some hand quilting first!!! Hope you have a lovely evening :)

Janet O. said...

Great Fall grouping--what perfect candles for you! : )

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I loved the Mitford books. I'll have to see if our library is getting that latest one or has it! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

A lovely table for harvest! Will you be brave enough to burn those pretty candles?!?! So glad you could join us for some slow stitching!

A Nudge said...

Darling fall grouping and look forward to seeing your POTC. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend - ends Monday, midnight. I know they'd like to see your fall decoration.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

It seems I've been reading more and more lately and sewing less. Today. I played my kindle in my sewing room and sewed at the same time. Having to pause for the loud machine. It's good for the cutting part.

Kate said...

It's hard to resist a good book.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I checked out the Lucy blocks templates. I found 2 different ones. Maybe after Christmas....

Sarah said...

A POTC giveaway??!!! We are addicted aren't we? Can't wait to see what you've cooked up!

Inchwormart said...

I appreciate your "stash" count. It's a good idea...I have too many "stashes" of something-or-others all around the house. One of those stashes is books...of course, heedless of the ridiculous numbers of those stashes, the Jan Karon book sounds terrific and would be a good addition to the general chaos of a house full of stashes. :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Love the Fall sampler. Please do stop by and share at this upcoming Tuesday ARchives Denise. It's perfect for our Thanksgiving theme. :) (I also enjoyed reading about your days in the service...loved the picture!)