Sunday, January 31, 2016

down but not out . . .

This past week wasn't nearly as productive as the week before, namely because I spent it battling off (unsuccessfully) a sinus infection. Bleh! Which is not to say I spent the week feeling terrible, I just didn't feel super-great.  Ya' know what I mean? Thursday I took a trip into the doc's office and came away with a super-duper antibiotic and sinus pain pills, which helped.  Anyway, I did have some very happy-and-bright spots during my week!  
Evey came for a visit on Monday! She loves to move the magnets from one desk to another. And we found that a single piece of tape could occupy her for nearly ten minutes.  LOL!

Then, coming home on Tuesday, I had a surprise squishy waiting for me!
Isn't that fun?!  What a sweet little tea print -- I adore Susan Branch's blog and wasn't even aware she'd had a fabric line!  Kris, of Lavender Quilts, has the uncanny knack for sending sweet little pick-me-ups at just the perfect time!

I also got to spend a little FaceTime with the Panter crew . . . though it's nearly impossible to get them all on the screen at the same time! I usually have to settle for a screen shot of just one at a time!
I'm missing my camp buddy, Sawyer -- we've had some good trail weather here lately, and he loved to ride the golf cart through the camp (and especially down to the creeks) with me! He's getting so tall . . . and for every inch he grows, I think he's losing a tooth!

Ellie came home with me Thursday night for a much needed sleepover  We went to dinner at "Chick-a-lay" and then came home to watch Christmas movies.  It's the evening she asked for -- who am I to deny her?!
She was totally bewildered when I woke up Friday morning with no voice. LOL! As of right now, it's still not returned.  Hopefully before work tomorrow morning I'll find it somewhere!

I did manage to get some handwork in. I finished up the faux-ruched flower piece. Well, it needs a sleeve and a label, but everything else is done.  
This piece was on my UFO list for the year, so it's really nice to have it finished. 

I've also made significant progress in quilting the antique rose topper.  Once I finish the leaves on that rose, I'll have two more roses to do, then I'll quilt a leafy border around the outside (similar to the one I've done on the inside).
This was another of my 2016 UFOs that will be a UFOnomo. Yay!! This will also satisfy my need for some slow stitching today.

My stash report just reflects the 1/2 yard of teapot goodness . . .
And that about wraps me up.  I'll be linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts today -- both blogs are definitely worth checking out; such fun linky parties!!

Have a blessing-filled Sunday . . . and first day of February, tomorrow (what? already?!)! 

:)

24 noted . . .:

quiltpaintcreate said...

Such adorable little ones. They grow so fast that time with them trumps quilting any day.

VivJM said...

Your quilting is coming along nicely. Hope you feel better this week x

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

lovely handwork, quilting and kids ! :)

Sarah said...

Hope you are back on top of life again soon! Nice hand quilting and kiddies!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I think I have some of that teapot fabric with an orange background! I hope you are able to rest your voice while you stitch today and that it comes back in time for work this week. Always fun to see pics of the little ones! Have fun stitching today.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your ruched flower project caught my eye! Delightful! Hope you get to feeling better

Shasta Matova said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you got a chance to spend time with these lovely children and beautiful quilts. Ooh and finishing UFOs! Love the term ufonomo. I hadn't heard that before.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on a finish and an almost finish. Great progress.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It's no fun being under the weather. Hope all the sinus stuff goes away quickly.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely projects - hope you feel better soon.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon... a slow stitching day is just what the Dr ordered (in addition to the medication!) Congrats on finishing your very pretty flower piece!

Kate said...

Sinus infections are no fun, hopefully you are feeling better. You had a very productive week.

Charlene S said...

Spending time seeing and playing with grands makes being sick better.

CathieJ said...

I love your faux ruched flower piece. The color combinations are very pretty. You have some great pictures of some really adorable little ones. So glad you get to enjoy them often. I hope you are feeling better. I usually lose my voice when I get a sinus infection. It is really no fun.

Teresa in Music City said...

Ugh! Hubby and I both battled the sinus crud the last couple of weeks - hopefully good now! Get better soon!!!
The babies are growing up on you :*). I remember when I could entertain one with something simple like tape - those were the good old days for sure. Love the colors in your ruching project - and it's almost done - yay!!!

allthingzsewn said...

Absolutly love the ruching mini. Everything about is great.

allthingzsewn said...

It seems like everywhere I went this afternoon your were one step ahead of me. We have never met in blog world befor that I know of. But after several times of seeing you I got curious and went to your profile. We are so much alike in our interests and love of God. I look forward to a new
friendship.

Deb A said...

Sorry to hear about the head cold but congrats on the finish and almost finish. So fun to have time with those we love - especially when you get a special sleepover, dinner out and Christmas shows. My kids would LOVE that. We have been known to watch Polar Express and all the xmas shows in the summer.

Needled Mom said...

Tis the season! I hope you feel better soon, but glad to see you got to enjoy the little ones a bit too.

Mary said...

Hope your feeling better now! It's hard to have fun when you can't breathe and lose your voice. The finishes are great! Happy to see your Posting. Linky parties are fun! Nice Squishies.

Janet O. said...

Precious faces of little ones in your post! Oh, I ached for you when I saw the photo of your Facetime with Sawyer. I know how hard it is to see the grands long distance, and I know you and Sawyer had a special bond.
BTW, "Chick-a-lay" and Christmas Movies? Ellie is a girl after my own heart! : )
That Kris is a sweetheart, isn't she?
The ruched flower quilt is so sweet. Makes me think of Spring!

Kaja said...

Congratulations on your little ruched flowers - it's very pretty. I'm sorry you've been under the weather but at least you were still able to enjoy all your family moments.

Laura said...

I have that same tea print in my stash, but it is in a coral color instead of green. Mine was a gift too.

Jean(ie) said...

Hugs, the crud is not fun. Nosiree. Hope you made it through the weather okay. I know it's still going through.