Wednesday, May 18, 2016

let's make it . . .

. . . a wonderful Wednesday!!  (Did you think I was going to say something quilty-cutesy? Psyche!)

I'm just going to be straight out honest and say that I got in more napping than stitching on Sunday afternoon. (insert cheesy grin here) But I have done a smidge of stitching on Evey's quilt . . . 
"G", to be exact.

I found a cute pattern for bubble britches for Evey (to go with her turtle smock). I was prepared to buy a pattern when I remembered I've got a pretty decent arsenal of patterns for little girls' clothes saved on my laptop. Sure enough . . .
Just the bloomers. For now! Pdf patterns are interesting, because you've got to print them and then put them together . . .
Tah-dah! That was quick...luckily for me, these little cuties only needed five pages. But I still had to find some appropriate fabric! Luckily for me, there's a little shop *two*doors*down* from my place of work -- Barb's Sewing. I think I've got the perfect little print to hide a diaper and go with the smocked turtles . . .
Isn't that cute stuff??? Add that half-yard to my stash and out again.

I found a *GREAT* video tutorial for baby bloomers from Vintage to New.  
This tutorial is definitely worth checking out if sewing a pair of baby bloomers is in your future. LOL!  (insert another cheesy grin here)

So that's where I stand on Wednesday -- hoping to have bloomers finished on Friday and powering through letters "I" and "J"! Linking up today with Esther's Quilt Blog WOW (WIPs On Wednesday) post. Have a GREAT day!!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Barbara Black said...

Thanks Denise--I'll have to check out that video!

Sarah said...

Only 2 doors down??!! That's a lot of temptation. But! You found the perfect fabric for bloomers. It will be an adorable outfit.

Kate said...

That green is going to make a very cute pair of bloomers. Looking forward to seeing those all done.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great find on the green for the cute bloomers - perfect with the turtles.

Janet O. said...

What a sweet little outfit!
I had never realized there were PDF patterns from pattern companies. I need to get out more. : )

Needled Mom said...

Those are perfect for covering up a diaper. I just love that turtle smocking.

Libby in TN said...

Makes me SO wish I'd had a little girl! Those bloomers should be easy to whip up from small quantities of fabric. You were smart to look to the Internet!

Nancy said...

The little dress with the turtles is adorable! And, of course, so are the little bloomers.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)