Wednesday, May 11, 2016

mid-week musings . . .

Happy Wednesday!! Aren't you glad we're mid-way through the work week? That only stands true for me first thing in the morning on Wednesdays, seeing as how I work four ten-hour days! That means tomorrow is my Friday and I get TWO Saturdays! LOL! I'll stop now . . . !!

Before I headed out to the Nook on Sunday afternoon, Todd and I tooled around the camp for a bit. I'd mistaken "deerberry bushes" for mountain laurel a couple of weeks ago, but found that the mountain laurel was finally blooming . . . 
The flowers look very similar, but the leaves are quite different! I love that after seven years, I'm still discovering new flora up at the camp! We also fed the fish at the pond and caught a quick couples selfie.
I do love our life together!

Then I got busy in the sewing nook. I finished one of the ornaments (but forgot to grab a picture), finished up one of the dress tabs . . .
I should have taken a picture of the back side of the tab, which is remarkably blank, a fact of which I'm quite proud of. I took great care to stitch without catching the back side of the fabric! I can't wait to see the girls decked out in their sweet dresses!

I also traced out some alphabet letters and have gotten A and C stitched, and D is traced and ready to go.
These are going to be such fun -- I love the diversity of the letters! Plus they're fairly straight forward, but just fanciful enough to make you smile.  :)

I'll continue to work on this every spare moment (like lunch time and evenings). I still have two quadrants to finish.  Eeks! Linking up today with Esther's Quilt Blog WOW (WIPs On Wednesday) post.

Our Campers on Mission group continues to make fabulous progress on the deck and the other improvements they're working on. I'll do a comprehensive post on all their work soon, but here's a glimpse (I lifted from my Instagram) into our time with them, which included some campfire time last night . . .
The weather has been outstanding and we really enjoyed hanging out last night! Their work is top notch! I can't wait to show it off!

Y'all have a great rest of the week!

:)

6 left a comment . . .:

Libby in TN said...

Not familiar with Deerberry. I'll need to look it up. Y'all are lucky to have such great helpers with the new deck.

Janet O. said...

A great couples selfie! : )
Great progress on your stitching projects.
I can just imagine many pleasant evenings on that deck.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a sweet picture of you two. Love it.

Kris said...

Super cute post!! You two look sooooo happy!! :-))

Sarah said...

The camp is so lucky to have a fab crew helping make updates. The deck looks fantastic. Your stitching will be done before you know it...

Mary said...

So if there is more than one person in a "selfie", wouldn't it be a "groupie"?
Looking good in your matching green shirts. Nice to have helpers come and build stuff for the camp.