Tuesday, April 18, 2017

happy sighs . . .

What a great weekend we enjoyed! On Friday, Todd and I were able to take the boat out. The weather was just absolutely perfect for it! We launched at Honeycomb, which is a state campground . . .
Which was full for Easter weekend!

After a bit of cruising around, we finally (aka, Todd finally) found a spot that was very fishy! To the point that I put down my handwork and picked up the fishing rod!
Yup ... that's *my* first catch (to keep) of the day! We ended up catching about 75.  WOW! Yes, a very productive day!
And the ride back to the docks was pretty spectacular, too.

Easter Sunday, after church, my folks and Joc's crew came up to the camp for dinner and baskets and an Easter egg hunt . . .
The girls were both so cute and had a marvelous time. The camp is the perfect place to 'hide' eggs in plain sight.
Both Ellie and Evey were quite happy to sit with Neesey and Pawpaw to check out their haul!

And I even managed to do some slow stitching this weekend, too. I've done all the blanket stitching on my 'card tricks' -- now it's on to the decorative stitching.
I love all these colors!

And I worked on my pretty little orange hexie flowers, too . . .
In fact, I'm nearly finished putting together this second flower -- just six and a half more pieces to stitch down . . .
And I'll be ready to applique these to the runner! I haven't even thought about how I'll quilt this project. But I know where I'll put it!  Linking this up to HeLP at sarah did it!

I've had several folks show interest in our RV living space. I've taken some pictures and uploaded them to the RV Living page on my blog. You can take a little tour of our home, sweet home!

I'm on baby watch for the next week or so . . . so if things are quite here for an extended period of time, I haven't gotten lazy (again) . . . I'm engulfed in Neesey-ness!!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The boat outing looks wonderful! How those two girls have grown and just cute little buttons, too. I know we are going to love lots of pics of the new wee one.

Barb Neiwert said...

What a great Easter weekend, and what an exciting time for you!

Mary said...

75 Fishes!!? Not a fan of them but the grands are so cute in thier easter finery! I missed seeing my grands this Easter. No egg hunts for this grandma. Enjoy the Baby Watch, I'm sure it will be quicker than the Giraffe, lol. Cute Card trick stitching.

Sarah said...

Your Easter feastivities looked like a lot of fun! Can't wait for the new baby to come!! What were the name options again? I'm guessing it starts with an E??!! I love the colors in your card trick block but I REALLY love that hexie rosette. I just love that we can make nearly the same thing and yet it's not the same at all.

Fantastic pictures of the RV. It's quite chummy but everything has it's place and it's perfectly homey. I'm slowly working on getting rid of some of my extra STUFF. Your RV is always inspirational knowing that you scaled back from a full house.

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for sharing your boating adventure...you really found a great fishing spot...I know right where Honey Comb is.....and your Easter celebration with the family, I know, was so much fun...love what you're working on...wool on the card trick, right? Where did you get your wool.
Mama Bear

Vireya said...

I love your orange hexie flower. Very beautiful!

Needled Mom said...

That's quite the catch! It looks like Easter was a real hit. I just love your orange hexie flower.

Janet O. said...

Looks like you had a lovely day on the water--loving the sunset.
What a happy Easter Day to share with family. It appears you had perfect weather. Oh, those girls look pleased. : )
I look forward to see the embellishment of you "Card Tricks".
I enjoyed the RV tour. So I know you had planned to sell your home--did you do that?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice RV. Hubby's aunt and uncle live in an RV full time. I've only seen pictures, since they live in Texas, and quit traveling in RV's.

Creations By Cindy said...

Awe, love all the pictures . The pics of lake are so pretty and what a nice fish . I enjoy looking at the family pictures . Looks like you s had a lovely Easter too . God is surely good to us . Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Barbara said...

What a wonderful day! I love your card tricks, and those hexies! Oh my.

Missy Shay said...

What a lot of fun!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a lovely way to spend Easter, what a great catch of fish you caught! And of course your hexies look amazing. A wonderful weekend for sure :)