Sunday, April 02, 2017

niggling projects . . .

So.  I stayed home sick on Thursday. But one can only stay in bed for so long, right? Anyway, even as cruddy as I felt, a little playing around with EPP pieces could only make me feel better, right?
So I kinda wasn't kidding. I really did play and play and play. Turtles, frogs, cheerleaders . . . they're all in there.  I mean, you can see 'em, right??  All that playing left me with a niggling idea for some orphan blocks and leftover fabric from a swap I did a couple of years ago.
So I made myself a kit.
I'm well on the way.
Because I needed a new project.  Right?
Right?!?

And even though I'm still not at 100%, I did have a lovely time with my grandgirls over the weekend. I'll share that part later -- they deserve a dedicated post!  LOL! And I didn't play a single April Fool's joke on anyone . . . except myself!  I shared this on Instagram yesterday, but it's so fitting, I thought I'd let y'all in on the laugh, too . . .
When you go into the quilt shop just to pick up a single skein of DMC floss, and you come out with all this in your bag, you know the April Fool's joke has been on you.
Linking up to Kathy's Quilts for some sloooow Sunday stitching today. Goodness knows I've got plenty of it to attend to, now!

Happy Sunday!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Tee Hee - what fun play with pretty little pieces. Hey, one skein of floss would have been so lonely in that bag - it would have cried all the way home.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Way back when, when my mother was still teaching, she had magnets in all the EPP shapes, that the kids played with. They were fun to use to design quilt block ideas. All work and no play, makes Denise unhappy. Looks like you had a happy day, despite being sick.

maggie fellow said...

I loved the play- I saw them all too lol- you needed some monster music

Scrapatches said...

Your post was so much fun to read ... turtles, frogs, cheerleaders and all! I love the orange green and white project. So springlike. The balls of floss look irresistible to me. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

LA Paylor said...

hmmmm I see what you mean about shape. I wouldn't go to the work and put same fabric together into a whole hexie tho... just cheat a whole one if you keep that setting. Hexies are infinitely changeable aren't they? Cool stuff girl! LeeAnna a not afraid of color

Janet O. said...

Oh, you had way too much fun with those half hexies! Hee Hee!
I am really liking those blocks in pumpkin-ish colors.
I more or less forgot it was April Fool's Day. At least you had some fun. : )

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have the same problem at the fabric store...I go in for one thing and other fabric just seems to jump into the bag too. I get home, walk in my sewing room and ask myself why I needed more fabric! I think a quilt with EPP frogs jumping all over it would be fun!

Barbara said...

Hey those fabrics look familiar! Love what you did with all your EPP shapes. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

Glad you are feeling better! But you did have fun with those shapes...who would have thought you could make so many things out of them!

Pam said...

I love the soft orange and green fabric. You have given it an Oriental appearance! (I found the right place to comment-thanks)

Sarah said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!
I can't say that I've ever just sat and played anagrams (that's what they make me think of) with basted hexies. Maybe I need a sick day!! You know I like both color ways but now that you have the green/orange settled, I'm dying to see what you do with the CW pieces! I think you'll pick the turtle or one of the rosette type ideas.

Traditional Simplicity said...

Your frog made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing the fun you had.

Kate said...

Too fun! That frog layout was really fun. Hope you are feeling much better now.