Friday, April 04, 2014

closing thoughts . . .

As we close out the work (and I use that word loosely) week, I thought I'd share a pic of one of the carrot table toppers in its new home . . .
Leia gives it her paw of approval.
Indeed.

I guess she's as happy with that as she is with anything else.  LOL!  Linking her up with the Feline Friday linky party over at sarah did it!

After doing a little research online, I've made a decision to eliminate gluten from my diet and see what happens.  To that end, I picked up a couple of magazines yesterday . . .
Both have a LOT of information and recipes.  But what really amazed me was the advertising for all these gluten-free products.  Wow!

I picked up a loaf of gf bread in the freezer section.  I wasn't sure it would taste like anything but cardboard, but I was wrong.
Of course, the homemade pimento cheese spread didn't hurt.

I'm still plugging away at my handwork this week. I'll slip a few more minutes (and stitches) in tonight, babysitting Sawyer and June (post-bed time, of course). I also sketched out my versions of the sweet little Cheryl Fall Easter egg embroidery patterns available on About.com, onto the wool felt egg pattern outline:
I can't trace ... I've really got to re-draw each design. Whew! I'm really digging these darling little things . . . and having a lot of fun 'reorganizing' the embroidery patterns to make them fit the elongated outline.  Hope they stitch as sweetly as they sketched!

And that's it for me, this rainy Friday afternoon.  TTFN!!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

It's rainy and gray in these parts too. Yuck! The carrot topper looks fantastic and I know we're so lucky to get Leia's paw of approval. TeeHee. Love the new egg designs - the paisley might be my fav of the four...but maybe the bunny instead.

Teresa in Music City said...

Your carrot table-topper is adorable! Perfect for the season :) And I'm loving the designs for the eggs - right up your alley girlfriend!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute carrot topper for the season. You may not have talent to trace, but you have talent to sketch. These are terrific!

Mary said...

The house is decked out for Easter with that topper. Cute! Enjoy your week-end! Stitch away to your heart's desire...

Janet O. said...

The topper looks very fun. But I get the impression that Leia doesn't trust it--like she suspects it to be some sort of Trojan Horse, and she is standing guard to see what happens.
The tracing looks good to me. I think the eggs are going to be so cute!

Jean(ie) said...

GF is quite an undertaking. I wish you well on that journey. Keep us posted on how you feel.

That table topper looks adorable in action! Cute kitty...

Melissa Bishop said...

So glad you went GF! It's hard at first but I think you will end up liking after all.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love your carrot table topper. I tried a loaf of rice bread once, and it did indeed taste like cardboard:-(
Not sure I would try that again. I do like the gluten free crackers called Nut-Thins.

Kris said...

Table topper is darling as is Liela!! Hey, girlfriend, I just checked it out for you and lots of chocolate is gluten free like M&Ms and Almond Joys and Mounds!! :-)) Oh, happy day!!

Kate said...

The carrot table topper works so well with those center pieces. Very cute.