Thursday, April 17, 2014

slacker . . .

I've been such a blogging slacker this week!  C'est la vie . . . chances are, if I've been slacking on the blog, life is moving along at a pretty good pace!

My stash hasn't increased or decreased, my design wall hasn't changed, and to be honest, I haven't gotten even fifteen minutes of stitching time in since last Friday! On the other hand, I've spend time with my friends, worshipped and fellowshipped with my Sunday school class peeps, spent time with family and especially grands, and (grocery) shopped and (grocery) shopped and shopped. One of those trips included riding the train with my friend (and pastor's wife) and their son:
Whew, it's all been a whirlwind!  Oh yeah, I also found out . . .
Yup!  It's a girl!!  We'll be having *marvelous* tea parties!!!

Ellie and I made a sweet little Easter craft on Tuesday . . .
He's not here; He is risen!!  She was so sweet, working on the empty tomb.  She also tells me she's ready to be a big sister.
I think she's going be a terrific big sister!

And today is my sweet husband's birthday!  We'll be celebrating with the whole crew, tonight, here at the camp!
♪♫ Happy birthday ♪ to YOU! ♫♪
♫♪ Happy ♪ birthday to YOU! ♪♫
♪♫ Happy birthday dear ♪ Todd !!!! ♫♪
♫♪ Happy ♪ birthday ♪ to ♪ YOU!!! ♪♫
♪♫ And many more . . . I you!!!!! ♫♪

I do have a new little hexie project for the month.  Actually, I have my choice of three different hexi projects:
These are from the StitchMAP hex labs for the month (along with my Celtic Garden and Australian Wattle projects).  I haven't decided for sure which one I want to do . . . any thoughts?! Regardless of which design I choose, it'll finish up in hexie form.  So I'm linking this on up to HeLP for Hexie-aholics on sarah did it!

Have a happy day!

:)

6 noted . . .:

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I L.O.V.E. the strawberries!!!!! And the parasol .... so sweet. Whatever you do, it will be lovely!!!!

We need a busy week like you had occasionally. Keeps us focused and balanced!!!!

Sarah said...

I did a double take - your hubby looks like the hubs of a friend here in NY. Pass on my birthday wishes!

Sawyer is going to be a busy guy entertaining all these girls!!!

Gosh all the stitcheries are beautiful (and so beyond my skills) but I vote for the parasol and those pretty flowers.

Janet O. said...

Yeah, sounds like you have really been slacking--NOT!
Oh, that is so fun that Ellie will have a baby sister!
Happy Birthday to your DH--seems to be some Duck Dynasty influence going on there (a show I have never seen, but you can't be alive and breathing these days without knowing something about it).
All of the stitchery options are sweet, but I am definitely partial to the cute beaded strawberries!

Mary said...

The beads added to the stitching looks fun! You could add some to the parasol. It's a Rainy day here today. Grocery shopping is fun when you are planning a family gathering. Happy Easter and Birthday time at your House! Congrats on the up-coming New Granddaughter in Pink!!!

Barbara F. said...

Happy Birthday to Todd! Happy Easter to you! Love the stitching! You lost me at hexie as I am not a sewing lady 😔. but I always admire the handiwork you do! xo

Catherine Shepherd said...

Another baby girl!! Yippee for you!! And I'll add my happy birthday wishes to Todd. I vote for the parasol. It's so pretty with all that dimensional embroidery.