Sunday, November 30, 2014

weekend wrap-up . . .

I had a beautiful post all dreamed up (key word, *dreamed*) and ready to put to . . . type . . . and had connection issues with my laptop.  Ugh.  Woke up this morning and continued to have *issues* so I gave up and went about my merry Sunday business!  And now, lo and behold, the issues are resolved (how or why I know not) -- and here it is . . .

My stash had a little 'enhancing' this week, compliments of Kate over at Life in Pieces.  She'd had a little giveaway a bit ago and pulled my name for this beautiful set of polka dots!!!!
Really a rainbow array, right??  The peacock notepad she included was a sweet happy--I thought the fan of colorful fabrics behind him was quite appropriate!! That was a generous three yards I added . . . with a very modest output . . .
So that's that.  One more month of reporting and I can turn over a new leaf!  I wish I'd broken down my intake between gifted and purchased.  I feel like I've been very fabric frugal this past year, but you'd never know it looking at my numbers!

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving holiday!! We missed James, Kim and the crew because they made like the Pilgrims . . .
Haha!  No, they didn't take a cruise . . . more like they traveled afar and headed up to Virginia and got to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and my parents!

It was Joc's year to head to her in-laws for Thanksgiving which left Todd and I in a position we'd never been in for this particular holiday . . . alone!  But Joc's mother-in-law was very gracious and invited us to join their family.  We happily went!  I got to be in charge of pies, which was right up my alley . . . 
We had a lovely dinner together and it was nice to be a guest! Although I think it rather threw me for a loop. I realized I didn't take a *single* photo of our gathering.  What was I thinking??!!

Saturday I spent taking down all my fall things, including all my quilted or wool pieces . . .
It was quite a stack!!  I then cleaned and organized and got Christmas put out!! 
This is our first Christmas in the new space, so it was fun to places for things and decorate!

Saturday night, I took turkey soup (because yes, I did still cook a turkey because I also brought the stuffing and I like to cook it in the bird and I also like leftovers, which I shared with Joc and then also made our traditional turkey soup) and rolls and eggnog to Joc's house and we watched the Iron Bowl.
The girls were both ready in their festive Alabama dresses.  Aren't they precious?!  Roll Tide!!

Today is the first Sunday of Advent . . . I love this season of anticipation!  My Advent wreath is all set up and ready.  Today -- and for the week -- the focus is on hope. The hope we have because of Christ.
I plan on sharing more in the coming week. My blogger friend Melissa is also walking through this season of Advent through her blog!

My Slow Sunday Stitching was focused on a little hand embroidery for a sweet little piece . . .
Ellie's dress for the Nutcracker ballet (we've got tickets for the 14th)!  Isn't is darling?  It just needed a little "E" in the white space! And please note -- those were Ellie's words -- she's got an eye for fashion!
I gave Jocelyn and Ellie a couple of choices.  I'll get stitching on that soon!

This afternoon we got to spend some time Christmas tree shopping with the newly returned Panter crew . . . 
Sawyer was so excited to share all of his stories! And even more excited to pick out a tree. We found the *perfect* tree and hauled it back to their house.  Just in time for hot chocolate! 

What's the best way to wrap up Thanksgiving weekend?
The last slice of pumpkin pie and a hot cup of pumpkin spice tea!  Then it's time to put away all things pumpkin and focus on all things CHRISTMAS!!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!

:)

11 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Really, you won something? How unexpected! : )
Pretty dotted fabrics, you lucky gal!
Yummy looking pies! I made my first successful pecan pie this year. For all of my pie making, pecan eluded me--even with the recipe from my friend's Mom, from the South. Finally got it right this year!
Gorgeous little sweethearts. What precious girls!
Oh, won't Ellie look sweet in that Nutcracker dress!?!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a pretty rainbow of dots. So many pies!! The grands are just growing so. And the Nutcracker dress - oh how cute! Yes, it needs a very elegant E.

Mary said...

Those Fabrics look like they would fit in with Bonnie's Mystery. You are always a Winner! I get to go to see my Granddaughters in the Nutcracker Ballet later this month. I better get my dress made, LOL. Ellie's is adorable.

Scooquilt said...

You're ahead of me in changing out your fall for Christmas, but we did go pick out our tree today, so that's something. Your pies look wonderful!

Sarah said...

My Oh my, look at all that PIE! That dress for Ellie is precious. Great job!

Teresa in Music City said...

May I please spend Thanksgiving with you and your family next year? It sounds like so much fun and such happy family memories being made! Your decorations put me to shame - mine are still boxed up in the attic :) And only think - those fall decorations will be fresh and like brand new for you in a year's time!!!

Needled Mom said...

The pies look fantastic! There is nothing like leftovers after Thanksgiving.

Love the pictures of the girls!

Beedeebabee said...

I so enjoyed this entire post! Your pies look amazing, and your home looks so pretty all decorated for the holidays. I haven't started decorating yet. This week I'll get the ball rolling for sure. Love all that dotted fabric and the nutcracker dress too... and your granddaughters are just THE most precious little angels! xo

Kate said...

The pies look yummy. Sounds like Thanksgiving was a success.

Love that Nut Cracker dress, so precious!

Sarah said...

I'm with Janet - you won something?? I highly suggest you break it out next year to be more fair to your numbers. LOL. I meant to make a choco pretzel pecan pie this year and never got there. I'll have to save the recipe in a safe place for next year...
Can't wait to see which E everyone picked - I know which one I would have picked!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am drooling over your lovely photos of adorable babies and yummy food and fantastic stitchery projects!