Monday, January 12, 2015

a head-spinning weekend . . .

(First:  A very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! shoutout to my youngest sister, Laura!!!)

Whew . . . it's Monday and I'm *worn* out!  Not that there's too much I'd change about this last weekend, it was just so action-packed, it ended too quickly!  I just asked if I could get a weekend do-over.  I was told yes, in four more days.  LOL!

Thursday night a group of ladies from church went out for dinner and a movie.
We went to see Into the Woods, and it was fabulous!  It was quite fun and a musical to boot, which is one of my favorite genres.  It was a great pick for a group of girls ... the theater was almost empty and we giggled and sang through it!

I spent a good portion of Friday hanging out with the Panter kids! We had fun just playing around with blocks and toy cars and baby dolls.
Olivia was my baby doll of choice!
June pretty much stayed in/on/over my lap for the entire morning.  She's such a ham!!
Sawyer's gotten too cool for pictures (although he's not too cool to take a piggy back ride), but he obliged me with a selfie . . . and his unsmiling silly self! Such a stoic face!

Friday evening everyone met at Joc's house to celebrate Ellie's third birthday. WOW!  Where has the time gone?!?  I can only hope that Jason will share some of the pics he took, because I didn't take the first photo!  (What kind of Neesey am I?!?! One that's too busy holding babies of one sort or another to be holding a camera!)

Joc was kind enough to text a sweet pic of three-year-old Ellie in a new costume:
Ladies and gents, the famed Elsa of Frozen!!

Saturday was filled with errands and whatnot, then I headed to "Little Gym" for Ellie's friends party. 
The theme was Tinkerbell and Joc did a terrific job on it!  Again, very few pictures, but again my job was to hold wee ones . . . 
One that was not so happy to be held by Neesey!  Poor Everley ... though she's not looking too happy here, after mommy slipped in a quick feeding, Everley went right to sleep and slept quite happily in my arms, almost through the entire party, which was nice, because it allowed Jason *and* Joc to be with Ellie and enjoy the event.

My stash report is unchanged from last week . . . 
I really don't see a whole lot of change coming my way in the 'in' department. That's my plan, anyway!

My slow Sunday stitching was mostly done on the road, yesterday.  Sundays have gotten to be such busy days.  I'm helping teach the pre-school SS class in the mornings and then I'm teaching the ladies' discipleship class on Sunday evenings. Add choir practice and the probable meeting (or two) and Sunday afternoon is gone.  But we've got a thirty minute car ride to and fro and I've gotten a good portion of this POTC block whip stitched together . . . 
Because it was cut and ready to be assembled it's what I'm stitching.  I haven't had time to get into the Nook and get the strips cut and ready to stitch on the pineapple quilt.  Maybe this week??!

Linking up today to Patchwork Times (fabric report and design wall posts) and Kathy's Quilts!

Happy Monday . . . make it a great week!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

Cathy said...

What a wonderful weekend you had!! You are so very blessed to be so close to all those luscious grandbabys. Although they aren't baby's any more. I love that I am able to Skype with Avery on Sundays, and keep connected that way. But it's awfully hard to hug through a computer. (sigh)

Mary said...

Sounds like a perfect week-end. Birthdays and Grand-Babies! Some of mimnne have caught the dreaded flu going around so NO hugging for me. I hear your Nook calling you...

Janet O. said...

My goodness, girl, I'm exhausted and I only read about your adventures!
What a delightfully full weekend. So nice to be surrounded by friends and loved ones and share good times with them.
That is a pretty block you put together. I think you need more Nook time this week to refill your plate! : )

Kris said...

Sounds like you had an action packed, fabulous weekend!! Cute pictures of you all!! And your POTC block is beautiful!!

Lyndsey said...

What a great weekend and fabulous photos of the little ones.

Sarah said...

Great photos - sounds like you were busy but fun! Tyler is also getting a little camera shy - maybe it's a boy thing for 5 to 9 year olds...

Rebecca Grace said...

Your POTC is lovely! I know what you mean; it sounds backwards, but my busiest weeks with the kids are when I get the MOST hand stitching done, since I can cart it around with me in the carpool line, waiting room at the doctor, violin lessons, etc. I plan to get lots of needle turn applique done while I wait at church for my kids on Wednesday night for their youth group meeting. Also, from one singing quilter to another, it's kind of tempting to smuggle hand stitching into church to work on during the sermon but alas, the choir is right up front in the new sanctuary instead of hiding unseen in a loft. :-)

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a great weekend with some of your favorite people!

Dee Dee said...

You certainly were able to fit a lot of different activities into 48 hours! Your grand kids are all adorable.

Doniene said...

Busy, busy, busy - holding babies and not cameras is definitely Neesy and Nene's job description!!! Such adorable grands, how could you find time for even a few photos!!

Blessings and hugs!!

Bonnie said...

What a great weekend with the grands! Love the costume. I have to say my oldest granddaughter will say she doesn't want her picture taken much. She probably had way too many taken when she was really little.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh my! I need to catch my breath after reading about your action-packed weekend! What sweet pictures of darling babies growing up way too fast! Loving on wee ones is the BEST way to spend your days.

Missy Shay said...

I love your block!

A Nudge said...

Beautiful, precious children. A gorgeous POTC, too! I invite you to link your EPP progress to WIPs Be Gone.
You'll get there, family first I say.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Ellie! She looks like a little princess in her costume. They do grow up so fast. Mine turned 16 a little over a week ago. She was just a toddler yesterday right?

Love your POTC block, very pretty. Hope you find a few minutes here and there to get in some quality stitching time in your new nook.