Sunday, January 04, 2015

off to a good start . . .

I knew I wanted to keep up with my stash again this year, but I also knew I wanted to do it a little differently. I do like knowing how much yardage I've actually purchased when the year is over . . . but that wasn't reflected in my numbers.  So I've set up this year's report just a little differently:
Tah dah!  Yeah, I know, as long as it's out, it's out, but I like to know. What hasn't changed is my goal to use/give away MORE than I purchase or otherwise acquire. We'll see. This go 'round, three of the yards I added purchased were solid black, for the pineapple quilt.  The other half yard was two fat quarters of pretty Christmas fabric that I liked.  Both the yardage and the FQs were on sale--one of our LQSs has an annual store-wide sale on January 1 . . .
Pandemonium! We had a fun time bumping into each other...quite literally. I spied this darling little piece on the wall while we were there:
Isn't that cute??!  I'll have to add that to my growing list of 'want to's' -- that have to wait until my UFOs are finished!!

In other news, I've made some exciting progress on the quilting cabin . . .
Of course, those pics are already outdated as we hang shelves and stuff!! I'm trying to come up with an appropriate name for my space.  So far the only thing I've come up with is "Neesey's Nook".  Any thoughts?

And speaking of 'Neesey', here's a darling shot of the group for which I am so named:
Aren't they just delicious?!  Getting all five of them to look at the camera at the same time and smile (and hold still) is nearly impossible, but that makes it all the more precious to me!

And then of course, there's this one . . .
I think Leia has missed you all!  Baahahaha!!

And finally, if I get in some slow stitching time, this is what I'll be working on . . . still trying to stitch down that last seam covering before moving on to the top and bottom sections.
Oh well, at least when I'm ready, I'll have my space ready to go!

Linking up today with Patchwork Times, Kathy's Quilts, and sarah did it!

Happy Sunday!

:)

26 left a comment . . .:

Deb A said...

Love Neesey's Nook for your space. Love how you have all the gear hanging and within reach.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love that Neesey's Nook name! :) Looks so nice and organized!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cute grandchildren! I love how you are setting up your cabin! Happy stitching to you!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Your cabin is coming along nicely! And the kids are gorgeous!

Dee Dee said...

Love the floor to ceiling pegboard in your cabin. Sweet babies. You are going to have to get a sign to hang outside your cabin "Neesey's Nook".

Needled Mom said...

Wow...everything looks so organized on the wall.

The little ones are just precious. That's a great picture of the group.

Karen said...

Your applique project is beautiful.

Barbara said...

Oh, Denise, your sewing room is lovely. What a nice space in which to work.

Kate said...

Neesy's Nook has a nice ring to it.

That's a cute group of grandkids you've got there. It will be harder to get them all in one place next year when the two youngest start toddling around!

Dar said...

Neesey's Nook is a perfect name for your sewing cabin. So smart to put the peg board around the cutting table too. Your grandkids are precious as is your beautiful kitty. 2015 is starting off to be a good year.

Cathy said...

Yep, Neesey's Nook kits your space perfectly....... just imagine saying."I'm going out to my nook in the woods." Perfect. And Every time I see that pineapple quilt, I love it. The colours are just so vibrant, and give off so much light.......

Cathy said...

Oh, I got caught up in the quit gorgeousness and forgot to mention..... the grands..... how adorable. It's a beautiful picture! You are so blessed to live so close to them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness those babies are absolutely precious... you are so blessed! I couldn't help but smile and stare at their beautiful little faces.
Enjoy your slow stitching today and thanks for linking up!

Mary said...

LOVE, LOVE Your Neesey space. The grands are good and smiling for you. Mine all 19 of them, pitched a fit for me on New Year's Day so you won't be seeing those pics anytime soon. I have not added ANY fabric yet this year! my LQS are doing inventory so they are closed. I've put fabric in baskets but closed out before purchasing online.

Beth in MN said...

The children are just too adorable. Love the name "Neesey's Nook." Looks like it will be wonderfully organized with all the peg board.
Hugs

Lee said...

"Neesey's Nook" sounds good to me. And I'm realizing how inattentive I've been this past year - you now have five! grandbabies...I lost track somewhere. What a blessing...and a great pic!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, Neesey's Nook is just perfect. I love the peg board - how cool is that. So bright and practical for any set up. Sweet grandie pic!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your sewing studio! So Jealous! That table topper is too cute!

Erin said...

Love your sewing cabin! Neesey's Nook is awesome 😉 love your appliqué! I haven't done that in years! The grandchildren are adorable.. And the cat is a cutie too!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

OMG! Your little brood of grandbabies is growing quite nicely :) They are so beautiful my friend!!!! Such a blessing :)

Marti said...

Neesey's Nook sounds perfect. It looks so organized! I like the way you listed your fabric in your report too. I usually lump fabric used together, but I have given away fabric before and it would be nice to track that separately.

Maureen said...

Denise, this is too darn cute! Having all those supplies on pegboard makes such a difference in creating a sense of orderliness. I'm sure you can't wait to "move in" and enjoy your quilt cabin.

Janet O. said...

Your little sewing nest is as delightful as can be. Good call on the white painting for the pegboards. Looks so bright and cheery!
Those grandkids look so sweet. The personalities shine through when they are not all perfectly posed and staring at the camera (which is really an impossibility)! Leia obviously thinks they are getting way too much attention in this post!

Sarah said...

Looks like you had fun at the NYD sale!! Wish our sale had been that busy. Great photos of the 6 grands :) Good luck finishing your pineapple quilt. 26 days and counting - "now get cracking" she says with a smile!!

Lara B. said...

Neesey's Nook sounds perfect to me. especially if that is what your very darling grandchildren call you. That is such a precious photo!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like how the new space is coming along.